Random Gaming Thoughts

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by Hobie-wan »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:New Vegas had so much potential, if it wasn't so crashy....

Oh I'm still enjoying it immensely, which is a testament to how good it is if you enjoy this type of gameplay. The main game hasn't been nearly as bad. It's just annoying and does tarnish it a bit.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

elmagicochrisg wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:Is there any reason that certain controllers feel better to some people than others? I personally like the feel of most retro contollers (excluding N64. Its uncomfortable for my meaty hands hard to hold the middle and right prong at the same time.) Gamecube controller, Xbox and Xbox 360 controller. However, I can't stand Playstation controllers.

Is there any reason for this, or does one just pick something and just like it?

I like most controllers, except for...

Xbox original controller - Too bulky and those egg shaped buttons simply hurt your fingers.
Gamecube controller - Weird button layout, and too friggin' small.

I like the playstation controller personally...

I have no problem with the original XBox controller, however the S-controller was an improvement even though I didn't hate the original XBox controller. I like the Gamecube controller, too. IMO, it's a HUGE improvement over the N64 controller, which is my most hated controller.
Last edited by BurningDoom on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

N64 controller is fine

Why do I imagine everyone using it by holding it in some crazy, funky way.

I find it more comfortable than both the Dreamcast controller and oXbox controller.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

AppleQueso wrote:N64 controller is fine

Why do I imagine everyone using it by holding it in some crazy, funky way.

I've always pictured somebody holding it upside down and saying "This is dumb".
Flake

Post by Flake »

It makes me sad that I have played through "A Link to the Past" so many times that I don't enjoy it anymore.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Flake wrote:It makes me sad that I have played through "A Link to the Past" so many times that I don't enjoy it anymore.

Impossible. You're obviously not "playing with power" anymore.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
pumpkinpie65
24-bit

Post by pumpkinpie65 »

flojocabron wrote:maybe you can try the 3rd party PS2 controler with the built in fan?

airflow/airmaster, I think its called.

That one is bigger than normal. Maybe you'll like it?

I bought an airflow for my gamecube back in the day and it didn't last long at all. It kept saying the controller was disconnected or it wouldn't say anything and the controller would just stop working. Bad times.

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm not big on Fallout, but I'll stick to 3 for now. I'm interested in the original 2, but I don't know if I could get into them.

I love Fallout and going from 3 to 1 has been quite the challenge for me.
MrNash
32-bit

Post by MrNash »

I wish there was a Final Fantasy game where you played as Gilgamesh, Bahamut, etc, and summoned humans to fight for you.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

Flake wrote:It makes me sad that I have played through "A Link to the Past" so many times that I don't enjoy it anymore.

How many times do you think you played it? I can see myself playing it a second time one day but that's it. I still need to play all of the console Zeldas. I've yet to finish one but I'm about halfway through OOT. I did complete all of the handheld versions.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I just learned that there was a spin-off game to the Princess Maker series called Prince Maker. It's exactly what you think it is, and it's adorable. :D
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^