Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RCBH928 Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 am

I still think the Ouya should have made it, I think it lost because of bad management and having too much hope and dreams without practical plans. Then again, an RaspberryPi 4 can be an Ouya like system, am I wrong?

PretentiousHipster wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:you have a limited time to play a game? no thanks.

Is this confirmed? I googled around and found nothing related to this. My assumption is that the games stay in a sort of cloud-like system.

Thats what their video said... or at least what I understood from it.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:17 am

RCBH928 wrote:you have a limited time to play a game?

No, the games download automatically every week for 12 weeks, and stay on the device.

One of these will be mine. I let you all know how it goes. I don't think I need the dock, but I have been in the market for a pen holder, so we'll see.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 am

So the Ninja Gaiden Collection came out this week, not the old NES games, but the rebooted series. Not sure how I feel about it, I've played Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 2, but not the Sigma versions and they are the ones in the collection. Are they any good? Didn't Itagaki NOT work on those. NG 3 I heard is a complete dumpster fire.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:47 pm

I saw the new release but I decided to get NG Black and NG2 on the Xbox One for a few reasons, even though the price for both was equal to the collection’s price:

- I can play the two games on a One and 360
- I own the DLC for NG2 (the collect comes with it as well)
- NG Sigma was a great port; NG2 Sigma was not
- I have no interest in NG3 at all
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 pm

I was interested in the Switch version, but I read that the ports are really bad. Bad ports of the worst versions of NG and NGII? No NES games? No Ninja Gaiden Trilogy? No arcade game? No Sega Master System or Game Gear games? No TG16 or DOS games?! No Genesis prototype? It’s hardly a “master collection” in my opinion, and I took it off my want list.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 am

Golgo 14 wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:you have a limited time to play a game?

No, the games download automatically every week for 12 weeks, and stay on the device.

One of these will be mine. I let you all know how it goes. I don't think I need the dock, but I have been in the market for a pen holder, so we'll see.

Wait... I just had a second thought. I thought this thing is stupid until I realised they are pulling a "Nintendo". All the kids will want this new toy that has a video game you can control with a crank and surprise weekly games. Panic are geniuses!
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 am

I doubt it.

I have hopes that this can be a fun device, but it's almost certainly a niche product.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:18 am

Yeah, the playdate doesn't look very interesting to me, and I thought the youtube video was kind of obnoxious. I'm guess I'm not the right audience, which is fine. Not everything has to be for me. Maybe the games will be really fun, in which case I'll be willing to check it out.

On a somewhat related note, I'm much less interested in the Intellivision Amico as well. Nothing really noteworthy or exciting has been shown from that system.

Gucci wrote:I saw the new release but I decided to get NG Black and NG2 on the Xbox One for a few reasons, even though the price for both was equal to the collection’s price:

- I can play the two games on a One and 360
- I own the DLC for NG2 (the collect comes with it as well)
- NG Sigma was a great port; NG2 Sigma was not
- I have no interest in NG3 at all

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I was interested in the Switch version, but I read that the ports are really bad. Bad ports of the worst versions of NG and NGII? No NES games? No Ninja Gaiden Trilogy? No arcade game? No Sega Master System or Game Gear games? No TG16 or DOS games?! No Genesis prototype? It’s hardly a “master collection” in my opinion, and I took it off my want list.

Hmmm, interesting points. I might have been willing to bite on NG Sigma if it was sold separately at a decent price and was a good port. I agree with prfsnl_gmr though, it's a lazy collection. A collection encompassing Ninja Gaiden's entire history would have been amazing. Heck, they could have thrown in Ninja Gaiden Shadow from the Gameboy game too. Missed opportunity

I just really, really, miss destroying fools with izuna drops, flying swallows, and UTs with the Lunar Staff. Those games could be infuriating with cheap and frustrating design, but with the right strategies and exploits, it was fun to slaughter people and see the decapitated bodies and blood every where. Good times. I've said in other threads that I'm not much of an Xbox guy, but there were some games I dug from the Xbox brand and the Ninja Gaiden games are high on that list.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:25 am

I've been looking forward to playing Tunic for years. Demo comes out on the 15th! IGN had a good video talking about it, thankfully with no spoilers.

https://t.co/t9TDzpzoAW?amp=1

BTW guys: If you have a Xbox One X or Series X, Ninja Gaiden II looks and plays out of this world. 4K, rock solid 60 fps. And the art style holds up really well.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:37 pm

Did anyone buy this product? https://www.hyperkin.com/retron-sq-hd-g ... erkin.html

It seems fascinating, and not too expensive. However, I saw that the aspect ratio is not the same as in the original handhelds which is a bit of a turnoff. The last time I bought a hyperkin product (atari 2600, which I would love to have an HD player for eventually, any suggestions), it didn't work straight out of the box. It's just from my personal experience rather than an overall objective experience, but it still does put a hindrance on the company.
Return to General Gaming