Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by marurun Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:52 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:I just think that this act of tarnishing their reputation is gonna hurt more than the "but muh sales" approach

The problem is that they've been this way for years and GTA5 is still a massive money-maker for them. I cannot think the makers of the GTA series are all THAT concerned about their reputation.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:01 pm

marurun wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:I just think that this act of tarnishing their reputation is gonna hurt more than the "but muh sales" approach

The problem is that they've been this way for years and GTA5 is still a massive money-maker for them. I cannot think the makers of the GTA series are all THAT concerned about their reputation.

Yea I could see that since I didn't even know until today that they sent goons to a youtuber's house which was 2 years ago. You'd think something like that would have not only spread like wildfire but would have made tons of people hate that company.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:36 pm

I still don't understand how GTAV is still making money 8 years later meanwhile its not subscription and the main game is story based single player not competitive like Halo and PUBG. Isn't it time yet for GTAVI? 8 year gap is crazy
Ack

by Ack Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:24 pm

It's probably also worth noting that Rockstar got severely burned 15 years ago by the mod community with the Hot Coffee patch restoring parts of the game that didn't make the final release. Even despite the get requiring a mod to access the content, they had to shift San Andreas up to an Adults Only ESRB rating until they could remove the content entirely. Could be that after all this time, they still don't have the greatest attitude towards the most community.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Are PS5 sales hurt by chip shortages? Its been a year since launch and I still hear people who can't find one.I bet this is very pleasing to the Xbox managers. Current standing is 10M-PS5 and 5M-Xbox which is nice for the Xbox team. This must be longest drought in consoles history although I remember the Wii was hard to find many months later.

I also have been living under a rock, are the next gen. games here yet or are they still living off cross-platform ones? I haven't heard of any.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm

I took another break from zelda games for around 1-2 months now. I guess as much as I love the series going through the same formula 20+ times just gets way too tiresome. Funny, I expected to finish my video project during the 35th anniversary. It looks like I won't even beat all the games by the 36th anniversary. And of course now I had the idea of watching every star trek episode and playing all the respective games, but then again switching between two big projects might be a good way to keep myself focused.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:06 pm

Even though I am happy with my recent Switch Lite purchase, getting the grey colorway, I am a big fan of the one coming out next month for the Pokemon Gen IV remakes: seen here.

It would have been awesome to do a side by side with the DS Lite from the original release in 2007 since it looks like it's got the same design on the front: seen here. Though I don't own this one myself.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:15 am

Fun fact: A magazine compared Zelda and Link in the Faces of Evil to Bill & Ted.

Ack

by Ack Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:17 am

Bogus!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:45 am

Apparently Far Cry 6 emails you and hassles you for not playing enough

https://twitter.com/BrendanSinclair/sta ... 3098407945
Return to General Gaming