Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RCBH928 Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:36 am

some one here made a post on FPS essential games and asked for recommendations and I have been searching for it without success, I can't remember if it was a dedicated thread or here in the random gaming thoughts. any one remembers?
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:10 am

I just realised Nintendo Wii was released 16 years ago _________ ︻デ═一 :lol:
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:30 am

RCBH928 wrote:some one here made a post on FPS essential games and asked for recommendations and I have been searching for it without success, I can't remember if it was a dedicated thread or here in the random gaming thoughts. any one remembers?

I wonder if you're misremembering; we recently had an "essential RPG games" thread.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:37 am

I must apologise for defending CD Projekt Red release of the broken Cyberpunk 2077 game. I saw a video by Big Boss on youtube and didn't realise it was this much broken. I thought it had bugs but this one is out right not playable.

This does not affect me as I only play games much later after they are released, but what saddens me is that not only it was broken but they have cancelled a lot of its promised features. This will forever affect the game. Any one know if they will bring them back eventually or keep on fixing bugs in the game?
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:18 pm

I’m going to get crapped on for this but the only thing good that came out of the whole Cyberpunk debacle, outside of the debate about hyped games, is the partnership with Microsoft and Seagate to release some sweet looking controllers, external HDDs, and the Xbox One X console. The console and controllers were basically the last limited edition to be released for the 8th gen consoles, I think?

Edit:

I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:26 pm

I'll try it eventually, just waiting for patches and possibly mods. I'm pretty into cyberpunk culture included getting some tats and piercings, etc, so it'd feel weird for me NOT to play it.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Wed May 04, 2022 6:17 pm

Almost done with Majora's Mask, but it'll probably take me another year to finish my Zelda project. However, a video came out recently that included the Tingle games, and I felt obligated to do so as well. Playing Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love and it's honestly a full-blown masterpiece. One of the better point and click games I've played, and I've played quite a few!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu May 05, 2022 12:07 am

Just started playing the original Quake and the game is completely dark I can't even see the enemies or where I am going. Any body know a fix or something? I am using the GOG version.

This game is always tied in my mind with the year 1998 and large flat CRT monitorsfor some reason.

do we have an fps thread?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu May 05, 2022 10:57 am

There should be brightness and contrast options available, but Quake 1 definitely is on the dark end of things due to the choice of everything being shades or brown. Quake 2 is better in that regard thanks to them wanting to show off their new colored lights tech.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

by marurun Thu May 05, 2022 11:50 am

MrPopo wrote:There should be brightness and contrast options available, but Quake 1 definitely is on the dark end of things due to the choice of everything being shades or brown. Quake 2 is better in that regard thanks to them wanting to show off their new colored lights tech.

Did Quake 1 have a gamma option? It must have because I remember having to crank up the brightness BitD.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to General Gaming