Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Random Gaming Thoughts

by BurningDoom Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 pm

The Random Thoughts thread is popular. Thought this one might be, too, and I have a random gaming thought to share. This is the place to post your random gaming thoughts that might not warrant and entire thread.

I just my copy of Descent for the PS1 in the mail today. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a long-box edition game! I've owned long-box games before because I own a Saturn and I used to have a Sega CD before it died. But the PS1 long-boxes just seem cooler. The case is sturdier rather than that easily shattered jewel-cases, the print of the artwork is glossier, and they just look cooler. I love the look of it on my game shelf!

Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 am

Big box PC games are rad.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 am

ok. I'll bite.

On Tekken 3 for the PS1

When you beat the game as GON the dinosaur, the ending plays over and over.

http://youtu.be/HpzQb94-bGQ

The console itself repeats the vid over and over and over.

Would the playstation play this forever or is there any built in programming to make it stop?

Can a playstation survive such a beating?

When I played this way back then, I thought about this. Still now.

How many times can you watch it over and over till you press X or turn off the system?
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 am

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Big box PC games are rad.

They are but man, I hate Genewar's box because it's bigger than all the other boxes and it looks out of place. DAMN YOU BULLFROG!
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:04 am

Don't people already post random gaming thoughts in the existing Random Thoughts thread?
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 am

BurningDoom wrote:I just my copy of Descent for the PS1 in the mail today. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a long-box edition game! I've owned long-box games before because I own a Saturn and I used to have a Sega CD before it died. But the PS1 long-boxes just seem cooler. The case is sturdier rather than that easily shattered jewel-cases, the print of the artwork is glossier, and they just look cooler. I love the look of it on my game shelf!

There are actually several variants of PS1 longbox that I've seen. A fair number did come in the same plastic cases that the Sega games used, others have the full cardboard cases, and others the plastic/cardboard one.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 am

dsheinem wrote:Don't people already post random gaming thoughts in the existing Random Thoughts thread?

I was thinking this too, but I can't bring myself to care much beyond that.

Uh...

I've had Guardian Heroes sitting on my shelf but can't bring myself to actually play it becuase i'm too focused on hyping The Dark Knight Rises.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:05 am

General_Norris wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Big box PC games are rad.

They are but man, I hate Genewar's box because it's bigger than all the other boxes and it looks out of place. DAMN YOU BULLFROG!

At least not all of bullfrog games are like that. Theme Hospital is one that's standard for instance
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
MyNameIsVince
64-bit

by MyNameIsVince Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm somewhat odd at video game pronunciations. .

The name Ryu I always pronounce as "rye-oo" not "ree-oo"
I pronounce Ocarina of Time with the "ahhh" sound, not the "oh" sound, so it sounds like "ahh-carina of time".
I USED to pronounce Majora's Mask with a silent j (because I assumed the j was silent), but sounded stupid after a while, so now I use the hard j like everybody else.
Ys............yeah. I said it as "Wise". I say it correctly now, but I'll say it incorrectly to mess with people sometimes.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 pm

How is ocarina pronounced, anyway? Oh-carr-in-uh, or oh-cuh-ree-nuh?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Return to General Gaming