Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gucci
64-bit

Re: What are you playing?

by Gucci Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 pm

I wrote this on some other post: I got my hands on the patch for the SMB3 GBA port where you can now access all 38 levels from the eReader cards. They pulled the levels from the Wii U VC release.

Anyway, those levels are something else! Highly recommend it!

Edit: As far as the best Mario game — it’s quite tough but for 2D I’d give the node to Yoshi’s Island. For 3D, it was Galaxy 1 & 2. But recently I’ve been playing 3D Land and 3D World and realized that I enjoy a more linear Mario game. Those two have lots of levels that are short and sweet.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:54 pm

3 Zelda games left to complete my project: Spirit Tracks, Breath of the Wild, and Majora's Mask. The last 2 will be a replay, and I've already started the first 2. I'm doing more of a stop to smell the roses kind of run for Breath of the Wild and it's really blowing me away just how much detail they put into everything. I was worried because I thought the surprise factor would be gone after playing it already, but that's not the case. Fantastic game so far and I hope it won't overstay its welcome. I'm honestly enjoying Spirit Tracks as well.

I've never beaten Majora's Mask as a kid, but even after over 20 years I still remember so much about it which shows how memorable it is. Can't wait to play it, and I think it'll make a good final game to play.

Going to start filming for the project within a few weeks. I'll start with the lower ranks first. I just have one piece of merch and 3 handheld game copies to buy and then I can start filming for all of them. I'll keep it realistic though as I'm still doing other videos, and this probably won't be done until late spring/early summer of 2022.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:51 pm

I'm passively playing Zelda BotW in the Switch after putting lots of time on the Wii U version in 2017. I own Spirit Tracks but I haven't touched it yet. Was a fan of Phantom Hourglass. Majora's Mask I haven't played since the N64 days but I also have the 3DS remake. Haven't touched that one either yet but I finished OoT remake. Thought they did a good job with that version of the game. Master Quest I haven't touched though.

I'm personally running through Metroid because of Dread. I finished Fusion and Zero Mission -- two games I beat at release but was nice to run through again. Now I'm on the GB remake of Samus Returns on the 3DS (all new for me) before ending it with Dread.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Dark Souls on ps3. Surprisingly, I'm seeing the ghostly apparitions of other players. Guess it's still popular and the servers are working.
I typically play a cleric (I like the free heals). I save the Estus flasks for emergencies.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:56 pm

I started playing Visage on Series X last night. That game is scary as SHIT. Probably third only to Outlast and Resident Evil 7.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:52 pm

Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair is hilarious. Closer to multimedia than an actual game though. Spielberg has hired you to direct an initially simple film, but they get more complex as they go on. I've created my first one which is a remake of Kieslowski's A Short film About Killing. Starring: Quentin Tarantino and Jennifer Aniston. You go through the entire process. Eventually I'll have to film different angles and then edit the shots together.

This is the movie poster for it:

I've made a recording of my first film:

https://youtu.be/IMl_1_tNWvs
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:11 pm

opa wrote:Dark Souls on ps3. Surprisingly, I'm seeing the ghostly apparitions of other players. Guess it's still popular and the servers are working.
I typically play a cleric (I like the free heals). I save the Estus flasks for emergencies.

The Dark Souls games still have a pretty healthy community. PvP helps keep it alive and a lot of people are purists when it comes to Dark Souls 1 so they don't play Remastered. Heck there are even people playing on private servers for the original Demon's Souls.
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:35 am

Gunstar Green wrote:
opa wrote:Dark Souls on ps3. Surprisingly, I'm seeing the ghostly apparitions of other players. Guess it's still popular and the servers are working.

The Dark Souls games still have a pretty healthy community. PvP helps keep it alive and a lot of people are purists when it comes to Dark Souls 1 so they don't play Remastered. Heck there are even people playing on private servers for the original Demon's Souls.

I booted up Demon's Souls and yeah it doesn't connect. Sad. I enjoyed seeing other players failing just as much me. haha

I quit playing Dark Souls (not super happy with my build). I might grab Remastered on Switch and check it out.
I never got into the whole PvP aspect of the series (not hardcore enough for that), but I like seeing the other players drift into the game world. I think it's a nice touch that makes it feel more "alive" I guess.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:08 am

I never really got into PVP either but I enjoyed occasionally fending off invaders back in the day even if I died more often than not. :lol:

Switch is a good way to go as it's basically just a faithful port with a better framerate.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:06 pm

I *had* spent 22 hours over the past five days playing Project MIKHAIL: A Muv-Luv War Story, but that's on pause for the time being; my game crashed tonight, and when I relaunched it, all of my save data was gone. All of it. Nearly 25 hours' worth. The game always uploads your data to a server tied to your account, so I'm not sure why it didn't just download the data from that, but hopefully (please, for Christ's sake) aNCHOR will be able to restore my data from that somehow.

In the meantime, I'm too pissed off and stressed about that, so it's back to Age of Empires IV.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to General Gaming