Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Raging Justice Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:42 am

I'm three chapters into the new Guardians of the Galaxy game released just recently, and I'm starting to think it may be the best comic book characters based video game ever made. I'm having more fun with it than I did the Batman Arkham games, X-Men Origins Wolverine, and that Hulk Ultimate Destruction game. It's like a Telltale game...but with actual gameplay...GOOD gameplay

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:04 pm

I’ve read that it’s really good. (The Switch “cloud” port is bad from what I’ve read, though.) Let us know your thoughts on it!
marurun

by marurun Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Final Fantasy IX has this weird intermission-like break where the pace and tenor of the game seems to temporary de-escalate after a massive series of events. And I have to say that while an occasional breather is nice, this feels like too much of a dip in pacing. And so of course, on a lark, I decided to mess with Super Mario Maker on the WiiU, and now I'm trying to decide when I'll have the interest to step into what I assume is the late-game push in FFIX.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:36 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I’ve read that it’s really good. (The Switch “cloud” port is bad from what I’ve read, though.) Let us know your thoughts on it!

I'm on chapter 6 now and still really enjoying it. I'm fairly confident I'll be finishing this one so I'll post about it in the Games Beaten thread. I haven't heard anything about the Switch version, but the PS4 version I'm playing has awful load times. On the plus side though, the game doesn't load very often. It's really only an issue when loading a save or a previous checkpoint. The game seems to load in the entire area where you are so that's probably why it takes so long. Once the game is loaded you can move from place to place seamlessly with no interruptions.

The game is as fun as the movies, even though it's not based on them
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:22 pm

...I'm currently working on Forza Horizon 5, Bloodborne, and Smash TV. Horizon and Bloodborne are very enjoyable time sinks, Smash TV is quick classic gaming fun.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:11 am

Bout to start Xenoblade Chronicles X!
marurun

by marurun Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:26 am

I wonder what's next for that series...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:53 pm

hashiriya1 wrote:Bout to start Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Man, haven't seen you on here in years. Welcome back! How's life been?
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:07 am

Syndicate wrote:...I'm currently working on Forza Horizon 5, Bloodborne, and Smash TV. Horizon and Bloodborne are very enjoyable time sinks, Smash TV is quick classic gaming fun.

Love Smash TV! One of the first SNES games I played when I was a kid. I could never get too far in it though.

What port are you playing? Just curious.
ZRofel
24-bit

by ZRofel Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:35 pm

I'm playing Graveyard Keeper these days. It's a nice, relaxing game to end the day with, and I'm really digging ( :wink: ) the quality pixel art. I was a little surprised by the fairly dark tone, though. For some reason, I was expecting the game to be more lighthearted and silly. Not a complaint, just something I wasn't exactly expecting.
Return to General Gaming