Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by PretentiousHipster Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 pm

Slowly going down the rabbit hole of adaptations of early works by Cryo and :shock:
marurun

by marurun Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:55 pm

As I have free moments I've been pegging away at the first DLC of Outer Worlds, Peril on Gorgon. It's decent, though it doesn't really bring much new to the game in terms of weapons and armor. I'm RIGHT at the end, so I should be able to put up a review, soon. Hard to play it because it's not a game I want my not-quite-5-year-old watching. It's a bit violent and gruesome for him. I also am a little bit into Final Fantasy IX on Switch. I'll bet working on that once I have Gorgon out of the way. Hopefully the second DLC for Outer Worlds will drop on Switch before too long. I've been reading it's better than Gorgon and adds nicely to the game.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:11 pm

Getting more into Cryo's adaptation of Faust. It doesn't really have anything to do with Goethe's Faust but I saw that Faustian is used to describe a sort of plot so I can see why they did it. It kind of reminds me of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. The aesthetics of it is kind of rough, but I have to absolutely praise how odd they've decided to make it, and it has an INCREDIBLY atmosphere. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream had pretty bad event triggering. This game does suffer from moon logic, but I find it to be a lot better.

I almost got my windows XP to work, in terms of recording it on my main PC. I just gotta master the sound, but a streamer told me how to do it so hopefully I'll get it right.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

by Ninjamaster Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:29 am

I'm playing Spider-man Miles Morales (Ps5) funny!
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Faust is probably one of my favourite adventure games. There's like two instances of moon logic though, and the final cutscene was super underwhelming. However, the final episode itself was great and very emotional. Glad to see such a fantastic soundtrack too.
VG_Addict
16-bit

by VG_Addict Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:06 pm

I'm juggling Mega Man X2 and Mega Man 4 on the SNES and NES, respectively.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:28 pm

So after spending some time with Sonic Colors Ultimate I can safely say that for all the hate it gets, Sonic Forces is a significantly better game than this. I don't know why people say Colors is one of the better Sonic games. It is easily the most confusing, unintuitively designed platformer I have ever played. Sonic Forces has better designed stages and a better sound track. It also goes without saying that Generations is better than Colors, not that Generations is perfect. No modern Sonic game is. They all have moments where it feels like someone sucked out the brains from Sonic Team yet still allowed them to keep making video games as the drooling, zombie-like shells of their former selves that they are. Colors is really awful though, and I'd rate Generations and Forces higher
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Oh, and I've been playing Psychonauts 2 as well. That game is EXCELLENT. It's been a while since I played a game so funny, and the platforming is generally pretty decent. Again though, I have to mention the writing. This game had me chuckling so many times.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:59 pm

Getting close to the end of Skyward Sword HD. Also playing a bit of Darkside Detective and the Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster on Steam.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

by Ninjamaster Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:04 am

I'm playing Dragon's Crown Pro (Ps4) :D
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
Return to General Gaming