Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by stickem Tue May 10, 2022 11:16 pm

REPO Man wrote:I'm still mostly fucking hard with Dysmantle for Switch. I'd be surprised if it wasn't my most played Switch game of all time. It's a survival action RPG with a heavy emphasis on destroying damn near everything and using the resulting materials to craft new items or upgrade current gear. I recently got the sledgehammer and now I can destroy cars.

That sounds like something I'd be interested in and watching reviews something I might pick up. How repetitive it is? Are you basically doing the same thing over and over to get better this or that to destroy things?
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue May 10, 2022 11:48 pm

Lately I've been playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest on the SNES. After putting 60+ hours into Shining the Holy Ark, I was still in the mood for another RPG, but I wanted something a bit shorter to get through. I'm about 12 hours in, and think I only have a few more hours left until I finish the game.

When I was a kid, I was picking out a game for my birthday and was deciding between Super Double Dragon or Mystic Quest. I ended up choosing Super Double Dragon that day, so it's been fun to experience the game I missed out on all those years ago.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed May 11, 2022 6:18 am

stickem wrote:
REPO Man wrote:I'm still mostly fucking hard with Dysmantle for Switch. I'd be surprised if it wasn't my most played Switch game of all time. It's a survival action RPG with a heavy emphasis on destroying damn near everything and using the resulting materials to craft new items or upgrade current gear. I recently got the sledgehammer and now I can destroy cars.

That sounds like something I'd be interested in and watching reviews something I might pick up. How repetitive it is? Are you basically doing the same thing over and over to get better this or that to destroy things?

Mostly. There's also areas where you have to solve puzzles. This is actually how you get a very important item needed to keep enemies from respawning when you use a campfire or die and respawn at the last campfire you visited. You also need to frequently equip different items to allow you to survive different temperatures.
JungleHeart
8-bit

by JungleHeart Wed May 11, 2022 11:17 pm

Anybody else playing Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising? I took this pic very early in the morning when the game launched in the evening prior to this.

I'm enjoying it a LOT. It's a simplistic game and the reviews are right that there are so many fetch quests to do; in fact, I'd say it's the lifeline of the game. It's what you'd mainly do but what saves this for me is the Suikoden flavor or coat of paint. The writing focuses on lighthearted conversations and the story focuses on banding together, building a community, and valuing the journey instead of the goal — that kind of thing.

If you're on Xbox Series X and you have Game Pass, it's there so I guess that made it easier for me to appreciate the game more. XD
"Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning."
—Suikoden I
--
Currently works as a freelance writer
https://blog.playerauctions.com
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 pm

I played some of Eiyuden Chronicles. It seems fun, but a really cringe worthy dialog sequence involving two of the main characters going on and on about being "toilet trained" had me rolling my eyes and I stopped playing. If that's the kind of "humor" that I can expect from the game than I'd rather play something else.

On another note, Ape Escape sucks and I'm through playing it. It epitomizes the worst aspects of the PS 1 era. Awful controls and an awful camera...not to mention trash garbage stealth game play elements. Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro were better than this and came out around the same time period. Ape Escape is damn near unplayable and is easily THE WORST PLATFORM GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED.
LucidGlimpse

by LucidGlimpse Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:04 pm

Gardens Of Celestial Globes
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:47 pm

Raging Justice wrote:Ape Escape is damn near unplayable and is easily THE WORST PLATFORM GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED.

Based. One of the worst games of all time.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:40 am

Mobile Suit Gundam EFF vs Zeon DX on Dreamcast & Mobile Suit Gundam Maxiboost on PS5.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:48 am

...I'm still stuck in the Forza Horizon 5 loop and have made my way back to Hollow Knight, on the classic side of things Rocket Knight Adventures and Steel Empire are in rotation.
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:59 am

I got cyberpunk 2077 for the ps4. Seems all right so far. The first ps4 game I bought that came with two discs to install the game.
Return to General Gaming