Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Raging Justice Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:51 pm

My time with Guardians of the Galaxy has come to an end, great game. Now I may try Death's Door
marurun

by marurun Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:15 am

You were a Guardian. Now you are Dead.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:32 pm

I've been playing a lot of Cyberpunk 2077 lately. There's a lot of the game I like: the story is really good, I like a lot of the characters and interactions are memorable, some of the gameplay is very cool and interesting. Unfortunately it DOES have a lot of problems too, while the most severe bugs have been patched, it's still a generally buggy game with bugs ranging from minor and amusing (cars flying above the road, running places and looking at a person shows them as a low-poly undetailed monstrosity) to obnoxious (sometimes a "help box" pops up in the corner of the screen and won't go away or an item can't be picked up until you exit and reload your game). The game is clearly trying to do WAY too much, it has a number of driving segments that play like garbage, the game has some really bad combat mechanics especially for melee, stealth isn't fun, a lot of ideas in the game are poorly introduced, et al.

But overall, I'm leaning towards liking it. I wish I was playing it on a PS5 or gaming PC rather than a base PS4. I like the setting and the story is definitely CYBERPUNK in the ways that counts IMO. I can't strongly recommend it but I do think it's worth checking out if you think it looks cool. Especially since you can get it for $10 on consoles now.
Tiduas
16-bit

by Tiduas Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:36 am

Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon releases the 13th December and my (so far) very small YT-channel managed to get a review copy of the game! I'm posting this in the "What are you playing?" thread as I yet got quite a lot of things to check out in the game.

Review found here if you're curious about it:

https://youtu.be/JY363TPwMZA
My YouTube channel with a focus on mainly retro and indie titles:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:18 am

Two interesting titles:

Fuga: Melodies of Steel feels like Valkyria Chronicles and Grandia had a baby...and the baby was an anthropomorphic animal

Chorus - PS4

If you're an old school Starfox fan who got really excited when you saw the trailer for the NIntendo version of Starlink, this is a game you need to play
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:50 pm

Playing some Dead Cells on the switch. pirated this game a few years ago and got everything. put in a shit load of hours, but with most pirated games i couldn't do any of the updates so that was that. I ended up buying it and all the DLC. Dam, this game has gotten easier. I last played on version 1 lol. they removed alot of the mutations and the damage scaling per scroll, but I'm liking the updated version.
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:07 pm

...it's been really nice to finally get some quality gaming time in. I've been spending a tons of time with Forza Horizon 5 and also finally got around to Breath of the Wild while also still working on Bloodborne. I also discovered just how much fun Towerfall is. I checked this out w/my kids today and we had a blast and it will definitely be going into our family game night rotation. Lastly I finally hooked up my Mega SG up and will be spending more time w/my favorite 16-bit platform.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:32 am

I've been playing FFX-2 HD Remastered Version.
Out of curiosity, I looked up the voice actors for the game.
And I found out one of the Voice Actors was on "The Adventures of Pete and Pete".
I am currently watching that show again on DVD.

Kind of trippy.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:23 pm

Picked up blossom tales on the switch over the weekend. I was craving a cheap Zelda LTTP clone and I'm not disappointed. Although it feels like they are cramming 40+ hours of LTTP content into a 9 hour game, if that. But, not to bad!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:09 pm

Played a Christian Myst clone called Heaven, and I don't even know how to describe it yet, but two scenes have to be seen to be believed. I'll post them:

https://twitter.com/PretentiousHip1/sta ... 2189487113
https://twitter.com/PretentiousHip1/sta ... 4135990274
Return to General Gaming