Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Raging Justice Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:58 pm

So I got through with Mighty Goose and put it in the game's beaten thread. Astalon and Biomutant have both gotten patches so I'm looking forward to seeing what's been fixed. There was another bug I had run into in Astalon that was pretty annoying so I hope every issue in this game has been sorted out because it's a really fun game. For whatever reason it feels like the PS4 version wasn't properly optimized. Hopefully, that is no longer the case.

Wiped the dust off of my PS5 to play one of the few exclusives it has in the form of Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. Nothing note worthy to say so far, other than that it's pretty much what you expect from a Ratchet and Clank game. That's not a bad thing of course, no one else really does this type of game so it's always nice to get a new one. I'm finding a lot of the sounds coming out of my dual sense controller pretty distracting and gimmicky so far. I might do Astro's Playground after this, since Ratchet and Clank actually got me to turn on my PS5. Astro is supposed to be pretty short from what I have heard and can be finished in a few hours. Man, the user interface on the PS5 is...annoying. I still prefer how everything works on my PS4

Also, doing Monster World IV (the original version) and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge for the Together Retro. Though I'm not entirely sure if Belmont's Revenge fits the price point for the Together Retro, but I started it so I might as well finish it... assuming I can. It's pretty tough as most older Castlevania games are
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Belmont’s Revengr is worth finishing even if it doesn’t fit this month’s TR theme. It’s the best portable classic-vania, and it is a really strong game.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:38 am

Slick graphical upgrades. A nice interpretation of the original soundtrack. Heinous controls.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:13 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Image

Slick graphical upgrades. A nice interpretation of the original soundtrack. Heinous controls.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Amazing. A friend of mine had one of those growing up, and it looks so sharp.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:09 pm

I just started Mega Man 11. I decided to play it on “superhero” mode, and I just defeated Block Man. I’m gathering bolts like crazy, and I have a ton of upgrades. I can also stockpile lives and E-Tanks like crazy.

Moreover, it’s really hard! As an experienced Mega Man player I really like the challenge, but I feel that this mode might detract from the game a bit. First, the complete absence of health drops, 1-ups, E-Tanks, etc. in the levels makes them less interesting. I also feel like my ability to bank bolts makes them less valuable, doesn’t force me to pick between upgrades, and allows me to spam E-Tanks during my fights with the robot masters.

Thoughts? I’m not very far into the game, but I feel like it might be more fun and interesting on “normal” difficulty. Or, should I stick with”superhero” difficulty?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Ys 2 might have overstayed its welcome when I reached Solomon's Shrine. It's gigantic, but instead of feeling its "epic scope" it just feels like a poorly done maze. I've been at it for as long as I've played the rest of the game and it seems like there's not too much progress and I'm honestly just slowly getting tired of it. It's a shame because the rest of the game was honestly 10/10 material.

Started Ys Origin and the grinding isn't as fun as in the first two Ys games, but I am definitely still blown away by it. The boss battles are even better and I love its scope of what I assume is one giant tower for the entire game.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Solomon Shrine is fun..... if you have a map. Hard to map yourself with all those catwalks.

Killer music in that area tho.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:33 pm

Gonna try to do the final stretch of the Zelda games I have to play. Hope to complete my video by the end of the year but I don't think I will tbh.

Started Spirit Tracks. Drawing the path for Zelda was just a one time thing right? Please tell it's not gonna be utilized later on in the game because that was the most frustrating game mechanics I've seen in ages.
Ninjamaster
16-bit

by Ninjamaster Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:18 am

I beat Resident Evil:Village last night on ps5! ^^
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763
marurun

by marurun Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:16 am

My gaming is currently being split a bit. I'm trying Alwa's Awakening, but navigation is very open and there aren't many clues where to go. I'm not into the stupid hardcore platforming bits, though, so there is that. I will probably not be able to complete this game, however, based on what I've read. I'm also dabbling in Aggelos, which is a really cool take on Wonder Boy, though I'm finding the Fire Temple pretty difficult. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get past it without derailing. We shall see! I'm also messing around with a Retroid Pocket 2, and it turns out these little emulation handhelds are anything but easy to deal with. I'm discovering that the RP2 is favored by some over the RG350 models because it's more configurable (and a better screen resolution and aspect ratio), but it's also a PITA to do so. I've FINALLY fixed my issue with PCE CD games, though there are some games I still can't play because the accurate PCE core is too slow and the fast PCE core doesn't support some of the special tricks some of the games need and doesn't include case-specific work-arounds like a lot of the old NES emulators used to do before accuracy got a lot better. I'm going to have to do a write-up on this thing at some point.

Anyone with an RG350 want to work with me on a comparison review, maybe?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to General Gaming