What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
opa
128-bit

Re: What are you playing?

Post by opa »

After an hour of getting a clean dosbox installation going, some additional drivers, windows 3.1, and SimFarm installed... I played solitaire in windows 3.1 for around twenty minutes. lol
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Started Uru Live, the Myst MMO. It's pretty much the same as Uru so far but a lot more content going on, making it already better, and the fact that it's for free is the cherry on top. When I do my video for the 5 people in the world that will see it, I should mention that donating even like 50% of the price of Uru towards the MMO instead of buying the game would be a lot better for both parties.

That being said, when I started the actual MMO part there was a whopping 2 other people in the main hub! :lol:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I’m about to finish up QUBE 2, which is a lot of fun, but ultimately a very, very silly game. I’m playing as a xenoarcheologist who uncovers an ancient extraterrestrial intelligence. It’s like:

“WE HAVE TRAVELED ACROSS THE VAST EXPANSE OF SPACE TO TEACH YOU THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE.”

Me: “Please teach me! What must I do to learn?”

“SOLVE ALL OF THESE PHYSICS PUZZLES USING BRIGHTLY COLORED BLOCKS!”

Me: “Uh...OK...Seems kind of like a weird request...”

“DON’T YOU WANT TO KNOW THE SECRETS?!”

I haven’t beaten it quite yet, but the best ending to this game would be discovering that aliens are quietly snickering at me as I run around pushing blocks and standing on pressure plates. (That said, the puzzles are really fun; so, maybe they’re onto something.)
Ack

Post by Ack »

I have made it after a long and grueling slog of jank, bugs, and hanky bugs to the final level of Battlespire. Unfortunately, I have to work a lot over the next few days, so I don't know when I will actually get to the end.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I've been playing Genesis Alpha One on PS4 and it's basically a hybrid of an fps, ftl, and shipbuilding roguelike. You control the captain of a colony ship looking to find a planet suitable for habitation whilst building your spaceship, increasing your crew numbers, and building up defenses. I've really enjoyed it so far but when you get boarded by enemies they seem to be a tad unrelenting. Normally the pirates are what end my adventures. Being an indie game I'm cutting it some slack (especially since I got a disc copy; pretty neat for a small game). It does have a good space-vibe to it.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

I just did the tutorial of Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Will I get used to the controls, or does it change after a while? To call the controls a janky mess is an understatement...
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Only a few levels in and I am already in love with Batman: The Brave and the Bold. As a newcomer to the beat em up genre this seems like the perfect stepping stone for it. The stylized graphics is proof that stuff like that ages better than being technically impressive.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I playing Thumper while I wait for next month’s TR and decide what next “summer games challenge” game to play next. It is an awesome, incredibly difficult twitch rhythm(?) game that does a great job filling me with cosmic dread. (The game looks like what I imagine it would be like staring out of Erich Zann’s window...) It is actually a very forgiving game, though, with very frequent checkpoints; so, despite its difficulty, it is never frustrating. Moreover, the gameplay is really simple, requiring only a joystick and a single button. Accordingly, it is really a dressed-up evolution of second generation gameplay, and I’d love to see an Atari 2600 demake! (Get on that someone who knows how to make Atari games!)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I playing Thumper while I wait for next month’s TR and decide what next “summer games challenge” game to play next. It is an awesome, incredibly difficult twitch rhythm(?) game that does a great job filling me with cosmic dread. (The game looks like what I imagine it would be like staring out of Erich Zann’s window...) It is actually a very forgiving game, though, with very frequent checkpoints; so, despite its difficulty, it is never frustrating. Moreover, the gameplay is really simple, requiring only a joystick and a single button. Accordingly, it is really a dressed-up evolution of second generation gameplay, and I’d love to see an Atari 2600 demake! (Get on that someone who knows how to make Atari games!)

What level are you on? I personally found the game got veeeryyy frustrating by the end.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

alienjesus wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I playing Thumper while I wait for next month’s TR and decide what next “summer games challenge” game to play next. It is an awesome, incredibly difficult twitch rhythm(?) game that does a great job filling me with cosmic dread. (The game looks like what I imagine it would be like staring out of Erich Zann’s window...) It is actually a very forgiving game, though, with very frequent checkpoints; so, despite its difficulty, it is never frustrating. Moreover, the gameplay is really simple, requiring only a joystick and a single button. Accordingly, it is really a dressed-up evolution of second generation gameplay, and I’d love to see an Atari 2600 demake! (Get on that someone who knows how to make Atari games!)

What level are you on? I personally found the game got veeeryyy frustrating by the end.

I’m about to finish up the fourth level, and I suspect it will get incredibly frustrating. I’m a fan of die-and-retry platformers, though; so, I am no stranger to banging my head against a wall... :lol: We’ll see. I may end up not liking it. So far, so good, though.