Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Ziggy587 Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:01 pm

I was just playing DKC Tropical Freeze for the first time since it first came out on the Wii U. But I don't know what's going on, I'm having a hard time with the controls. Specially, the two action buttons. Which is grab and which is pound. I'm playing on the Switch now, but I don't remember having this issue when I was playing on the U.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! CYBER MONDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:10 pm

I been playing a lot of Daemon X Machina and I think the game made a mistake. Since it's from some former Armored Core staff and since every From game has a Moonlight blade. DXM has something similar but only supposed to get it post-game hidden in a wall. I did an online solo mission and I found it in a room. I can't find a mention of this online. Every guide points to the post-game version. So pretty happy about that.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:56 am

I started Bomberman Hero today, because I wanna get through my N64 Bomberman games that I went through so much trouble to buy before I try and get super into my PCE Mini :lol:

I remember enjoying it as a rental when I was a kid, and then I also remember quickly losing interesting in it when I tried it a couple years ago, but I'm enjoying it alright now~. From how I remember it based on my most recent attempt to play it, it plays a lot better than I remember it. It's a surprisingly competent 3D platformer that, while it ain't exactly settin' my world on fire, IS more Bomberman to have fun with, which is a win in my book :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

by PresidentLeever Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Playing some Silver. It's kinda like Diablo mixed with some Secret of Mana, except in a Resident Evil-style engine. Pretty fun so far and it handles voiced dialogue well with the option to skip sentences when you've read them.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
pook99
128-bit

by pook99 Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:49 pm

playing iron man on wii, pretty fun mindless 3rd person shooter that follows the plot of the original movie complete with all of the voice actors from the movie.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:59 am

I streamed two and a half hours of Shenmue 3 this morning, and while I went in thinking at most it'd be worth a giggle, I was a bit taken in by it, so I just kept playing once the stream was over (it was way too boring for more than one stream ^^;).
I'm not sure I'd say I'm loving it, but I'm enjoying the dopamine loop of progression at the very least. It's a very odd feeling of both enjoying something but also being unable to really recommend it at all. I think I'm just really in the mood for a game with this quiet, repetitive gameplay loop and fairly subdued story.
I think I'm nearing the climax of the first area, as far as story goes (I just met Sun for the first time and he answered my two questions). I already have enough yuan just from collecting herbs to be able to afford the super expensive wine, so I won't need to waste any time gambling until I'm blue in the face Xp

And while I'm certainly far from the first one to criticize the English voice acting of Shenmue 3, I honestly don't think the Japanese VA is that stellar either. The gameplay is repetitive, the story is poorly localized and not terribly well paced, and the combat is just a mess. But despite all that, I'm still enjoying it, so that certainly says something about the whole thing being more than the sum of its parts for me, I suppose.

It may've taken a good few months to get to it, but at last I'm playing (and enjoying) Shenmue 3, the gift to me from our very own Pierrot~
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm

I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

I have only done the little Prologue, but so far, it feels exactly like KOTOR1, which is fantastic because I loved that game.

I know that they have made a few tweaks and the game isn't exactly finished when it was released, so I have lowered some of my expectations for it. But, so far, I am cautiously optimistic.
Note
32-bit

by Note Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:23 am

PartridgeSenpai wrote:It may've taken a good few months to get to it, but at last I'm playing (and enjoying) Shenmue 3, the gift to me from our very own Pierrot~

Glad to hear you started playing through Shenmue 3 and are enjoying it so far. Since I finished Shenmue 2 in the beginning of the year, I'd like to check it out as well. I'll prolly give it a go next year.

Markies wrote:I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

What platform are you playing it on Markies? Just curious, as I've always wanted to try KOTOR, but I don't have an original Xbox -- thinking of maybe picking up the game and trying to play it on my 360 with the backwards compatibility feature.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:16 am

Note wrote:
Markies wrote:I started Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on the Microsoft XBOX this afternoon!

What platform are you playing it on Markies? Just curious, as I've always wanted to try KOTOR, but I don't have an original Xbox -- thinking of maybe picking up the game and trying to play it on my 360 with the backwards compatibility feature.

The original XBOX.

I'm playing concurrently with a friend of mine who is playing the Steam/PC, so that is another version for you to play.

I don't know anything about 360 Backwards Compatibility, but it appears like it would work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360
Note
32-bit

by Note Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 pm

Markies wrote:The original XBOX.

I'm playing concurrently with a friend of mine who is playing the Steam/PC, so that is another version for you to play.

I don't know anything about 360 Backwards Compatibility, but it appears like it would work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Thanks for the tip about the Steam version and the link to the compatibility list. I have a Mac but I'm in luck here, as there is actually a Mac compatible version offered.

Later in the year I might try to get a physical copy to play on the 360, but if there's compatibility issues I can always try the Steam version instead.
Return to General Gaming