Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2023

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Acquired in 2023 so far - 20 Games; 14 physical, 6 digital
(physical is in regular font, digital is in italics)

January (20 Games Acquired; 14 physical, 6 digital)
Crysis Trilogy Remastered (Series X)
Valkyria Chronicles (Switch)
Phantasy Star (Switch)

Serious Sam Collection (Switch)
Personal 5 Royal (Switch)
Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (Switch)
Sonic Frontiers (Switch)
Modern Combat: Blackout (Switch)
Rise of Insanity (Switch)

The Diofield Chronicle (Switch)
NieR: Automata (Switch)
Psikyo Collection Vol 1 (Switch)
Psikyo Collection Vol 2 (Switch)
Psikyo Collection Vol 3 (Switch)
Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)
Azur Lane Crosswave (Switch)
Deathsmiles I & II (Switch)
VS Super Mario Bros (Switch)
Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters (PS5)
Harvestella (Switch)

New for January 26
Harvestella (Switch)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:25 pm

New rug, Custom Zone of the Enders hat (it has reflective strips so why it's glowing) and a stack of games.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:59 pm

Acquired in 2023 so far - 21 Games; 15 physical, 6 digital
(physical is in regular font, digital is in italics)

January (21 Games Acquired; 15 physical, 6 digital)
Crysis Trilogy Remastered (Series X)
Valkyria Chronicles (Switch)
Phantasy Star (Switch)

Serious Sam Collection (Switch)
Personal 5 Royal (Switch)
Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (Switch)
Sonic Frontiers (Switch)
Modern Combat: Blackout (Switch)
Rise of Insanity (Switch)

The Diofield Chronicle (Switch)
NieR: Automata (Switch)
Psikyo Collection Vol 1 (Switch)
Psikyo Collection Vol 2 (Switch)
Psikyo Collection Vol 3 (Switch)
Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)
Azur Lane Crosswave (Switch)
Deathsmiles I & II (Switch)
VS Super Mario Bros (Switch)
Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters (PS5)
Harvestella (Switch)
Dead Space (PS5)

New for January 29
Dead Space (PS5)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:43 am

Segata wrote:New rug, Custom Zone of the Enders hat (it has reflective strips so why it's glowing) and a stack of games.

Nice rug and awesome stack of games! That Chrome Hounds game seems interesting. I might have to check that out.

ElkinFencer10 wrote:New for January 29
Dead Space (PS5)

Also, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Dead Space! I'd like to pick up the original release on the 360.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:10 am

January's my birthday month, so I usually end up treating myself, and I had a couple nice finds this month! Originally I was thinking I'd go for a PS1 RPG, but came across a few other items.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS1) - I had played Klonoa a bit through emulation a few years ago and enjoyed what I had played of it. The past few years, some of my favorite experiences gaming have been with platformers, so this is a series I've wanted to get into. Well, I came across a copy near me and equipped with store credit and saved up cashback, I was able to bring the cost down a bit. Looking forward to playing this later in the year! I also plan to grab the Switch compilation to support the developers.

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PS1) - This is another title I played a bit of at a friend's house back in the day. I don't have much experience with stealth games, but I think it'll be fun to check out a game in a genre I'm not as familiar with. I really enjoy games in a feudal Japan setting, so that's already a plus.

Shining Force Gaiden III: Final Conflict (SMS) - I came across a homebrewer in Portugal who is releasing Sega Master System carts of games that were originally released on Game Gear. This is pretty attractive to me, as I'm not as into handhelds and currently don't own a modded Game Gear or Analogue Pocket to experience some of the GG titles I'm interested in. This homebrew features the English fan translation, has a translated color manual, and also came with a high quality poster featuring art from the game. As a fan of the Shining series, this is a cool item that I'm glad I was able to grab.

Paperboy (GB) - Growing up my sister had Paperboy for her GB and I would borrow it from time to time. This ended up being a favorite of her's and I grew to like it too. Unfortunately over the years her cart went missing, so I've been aiming to grab two clean copies of the game, so that we could enjoy it again.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:16 pm

Note wrote:Image

January's my birthday month, so I usually end up treating myself, and I had a couple nice finds this month! Originally I was thinking I'd go for a PS1 RPG, but came across a few other items.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS1) - I had played Klonoa a bit through emulation a few years ago and enjoyed what I had played of it. The past few years, some of my favorite experiences gaming have been with platformers, so this is a series I've wanted to get into. Well, I came across a copy near me and equipped with store credit and saved up cashback, I was able to bring the cost down a bit. Looking forward to playing this later in the year! I also plan to grab the Switch compilation to support the developers.

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PS1) - This is another title I played a bit of at a friend's house back in the day. I don't have much experience with stealth games, but I think it'll be fun to check out a game in a genre I'm not as familiar with. I really enjoy games in a feudal Japan setting, so that's already a plus.

Shining Force Gaiden III: Final Conflict (SMS) - I came across a homebrewer in Portugal who is releasing Sega Master System carts of games that were originally released on Game Gear. This is pretty attractive to me, as I'm not as into handhelds and currently don't own a modded Game Gear or Analogue Pocket to experience some of the GG titles I'm interested in. This homebrew features the English fan translation, has a translated color manual, and also came with a high quality poster featuring art from the game. As a fan of the Shining series, this is a cool item that I'm glad I was able to grab.

Paperboy (GB) - Growing up my sister had Paperboy for her GB and I would borrow it from time to time. This ended up being a favorite of her's and I grew to like it too. Unfortunately over the years her cart went missing, so I've been aiming to grab two clean copies of the game, so that we could enjoy it again.

Klonoa is awesome, and that repro is sharp. Great pickups, Note!
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:29 pm

Note wrote:
Segata wrote:New rug, Custom Zone of the Enders hat (it has reflective strips so why it's glowing) and a stack of games.

Nice rug and awesome stack of games! That Chrome Hounds game seems interesting. I might have to check that out.

ElkinFencer10 wrote:New for January 29
Dead Space (PS5)

Also, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Dead Space! I'd like to pick up the original release on the 360.

I had a roommate back in college who swore that Chrome Hounds was the best mech game ever and highly underrated on the 360.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:01 pm

Melek-Ric wrote:I had a roommate back in college who swore that Chrome Hounds was the best mech game ever and highly underrated on the 360.

Oh wow, appreciate the recommendation from your old roommate, Melek-Ric! I'll have to see if I can grab it on the cheap.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:52 am

I think most of what made people like that game is unavailable anymore as the online is shut down. I got it for nothing so not that let down. It would be hard for something to top ZOE2, Daemon X Machina, Bulk Slash, Armored Core 4A, and Omega Boost for me as the best 3D mecha games I played.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:53 pm

Yes, it was the online experience that lead to his opinion. And I do not believe the online is available for it anymore, or if it is, the player count is probably poor.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Return to General Gaming