Podcast #65 - A Smart Merger

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
AppleQueso

Re: Podcast #65 - A Smart Merger

Post by AppleQueso »

noiseredux wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Haha this thread should be named 'Noiseredux makes
Terrible analogies about Episode 65'

can't hear you over the sound of your loud keyboard.

I've been doing good at cutting a lot of that out so that's no excuse
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

AppleQueso wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Haha this thread should be named 'Noiseredux makes
Terrible analogies about Episode 65'

can't hear you over the sound of your loud keyboard.

I've been doing good at cutting a lot of that out so that's no excuse

I try to refrain from typing during the show. I think Dave does more of the clicking and typing.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Jmustang1968 wrote:I try to refrain from typing during the show. I think Dave does more of the clicking and typing.

I distinctly remember having to duck your channel while you were typing in this most recent episode. Of course I typically automate out your audio any time you aren't talking anyway because that background noise is hard to control.

Dave has occasional lip smacks, weird pops, and odd rumble (sounds like he's moving the mic or something) that I try to remove when it gets distracting.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

AppleQueso wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:I try to refrain from typing during the show. I think Dave does more of the clicking and typing.

I distinctly remember having to duck your channel while you were typing in this most recent episode. Of course I typically automate out your audio any time you aren't talking anyway because that background noise is hard to control.

Dave has occasional lip smacks, weird pops, and odd rumble (sounds like he's moving the mic or something) that I try to remove when it gets distracting.

Yeah I may have looked something up for reference.

I am pretty sure I have identified my noise as fans and AC unit.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

plus you play diablo when dave is talking.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Jmustang1968 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:No the gameplay is completely different.

Alright then PSO is like FPS and TPS then... since there's guns in it.

I think it it more like the differences in shmups.

Expand on this? Not sure what you're saying.

As in vertical, horizontal, bullet hell etc. Different flavors but still shmups.

RPGs are much harder to compare and use as analogies.

Actually, SHMUPs also involve aiming and control. In fact, shooters forms a vast genre ranging from the SHMUP on one end to the FPS on the other, with shades in between involving TPS, light gun games, and on-rail shooters. All involve the control to manuever to target oncoming enemies and interact with them via shooting while pursuing some sort of end goal.

A better analogy would have been Myst versus Tomb Raider. Both are adventure games, but the perspectives they use and the manner with which they pursue both exploration and puzzle-solving is drastically different.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Jmustang1968 wrote:I am pretty sure I have identified my noise as fans and AC unit.

The problem is really more of the fact that the noise is kinda inconsistent and varies greatly in volume throughout the audio. Otherwise I could just slap on a noise gate or something and remove a good chunk of the work.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:I am pretty sure I have identified my noise as fans and AC unit.

The problem is really more of the fact that the noise is kinda inconsistent and varies greatly in volume throughout the audio. Otherwise I could just slap on a noise gate or something and remove a good chunk of the work.

like I said... Diablo.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I don't know what to say about the podcast, I just wanted to post in this thread. :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Aramonde
128-bit

Post by Aramonde »

Since im new hear this was the first RB podcast. I really liked the show and the two guys compliment each other well. I just have two other questions though.

1- Does Dave always make really horrible puns? Don't get me wrong i love bad puns, but Dave's were really bad and screwed up John when he was making a point.

2- Was it just me or did Daves audio sound weird right at the end of when he would stop talking? There were little sounds, idk how to explain it.