Rename this forum for video meetup?

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
Anapan
Next-Gen

Rename this forum for video meetup?

Post by Anapan »

When possible, I'd join a Discord or Zoom meetup. I suggest repurposing this forum for this purpose. It might not work out, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Can a mod rename this, and make a "Next meetup" topic for us to coordinate?
Edit: Not wanting to purge it! That podcast with Steve Cartwright was so awesome!

OT, but check out these "Stella at 20" videos where a meetup with the original developers chat about the intricacies of making and optimizing the original games:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... e4iSkWtlbX
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Rename this forum for video meetup?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'm definitely down for it. Would be a good way to get group games going too.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Not sure about renaming the forum, but I'm down for a Zoom meetup as well! I think it'd be fun to chat with others on the forum through video.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think keeping this subforum as is, for now, has historical value. We could have a separate stickied thread for meetups or any number of other solutions. Now, if we ever followed through with combining major subforums in a streamlined restructuring we would probably treat all this otherwise as part of that restructuring.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Anapan wrote:When possible, I'd join a Discord or Zoom meetup. I suggest repurposing this forum for this purpose. It might not work out, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Can a mod rename this, and make a "Next meetup" topic for us to coordinate?
Edit: Not wanting to purge it! That podcast with Steve Cartwright was so awesome!

OT, but check out these "Stella at 20" videos where a meetup with the original developers chat about the intricacies of making and optimizing the original games:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... e4iSkWtlbX

I remember when the actual meetups would be sizeable, back in RB's heyday. I guess going digital is one way to recapture that, but with so much of the activity happening on Discord/Slack already, I wonder if there's really the desire to do so.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I would be down to do an in-person meetup in NY as well, if there's others in the area that are interested.

Had a chance to meet a few people from RB and it was always a great time.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Understood. I think using the official RB Discord/Slack for video meetups is a good idea. Someone should make a topic in the appropriate forum to schedule it so we have a few members pop in.
This topic can be deleted.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage