Affinity Sorrow - New Sega Genesis RPG

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Note
Next-Gen

Affinity Sorrow - New Sega Genesis RPG

Post by Note »

Hey Genesis fans, I came across some information about Affinity Sorrow recently and just wanted to share it here, as I thought there may be others interested.

It's a 16-bit RPG scheduled to be released on the Genesis. From the brief trailer available, it looks like it will have a standard turn-based battle system. The graphics look nice for the Genesis IMO. I'm not a huge fan of the illustration style used in some of the promotional material, but I think the pixel art in the game looks good. The development team for the game also created The Curse of Illmoore Bay on the Genesis. I haven't played that one yet, but I think a few Racketeers picked it up.

Anyway, here's the link to the Kickstarter (which has been funded already), for anyone interested in more information:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... -adventure

Awesome to see so many homebrew and indie developed games still coming out for the Genesis!
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Affinity Sorrow - New Sega Genesis RPG

Post by stickem »

Canceled my kickstarter on that myself. The screen shots and video just wasn't feelling it enough for me to spend 137 on. Now watch it turn into pier solar lol.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:Canceled my kickstarter on that myself. The screen shots and video just wasn't feelling it enough for me to spend 137 on. Now watch it turn into pier solar lol.

$137's pretty steep. I haven't backed the Kickstarter myself, as I always like to wait until some reviews of the game come in. Especially after some of the messes that have come after Kickstarters, such as Paprium. Lol.

But there aren't too many RPGs on the system, so I'm definitely intrigued. Hope it turns out well!
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Yeah, I love to see the Genesis getting new games, but I want to at least read a review before I decide to throw down money for a cartridge. For an RPG that's especially true because they usually take me a long time to finish and my backlog is full of beloved classics that I've never gotten around to playing.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Note wrote:
stickem wrote:Canceled my kickstarter on that myself. The screen shots and video just wasn't feelling it enough for me to spend 137 on. Now watch it turn into pier solar lol.

$137's pretty steep. I haven't backed the Kickstarter myself, as I always like to wait until some reviews of the game come in. Especially after some of the messes that have come after Kickstarters, such as Paprium. Lol.

But there aren't too many RPGs on the system, so I'm definitely intrigued. Hope it turns out well!

To be fair, that was the collectors package, I figure go big or go home on these types of things lol. more $$$ than mega man I might add though!
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Have of the recent Genesis games been selling ROMs for emus & flashcards?

Saw an indie dev do that recently (DC, GB, Jaguar games) and love the idea.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:To be fair, that was the collectors package, I figure go big or go home on these types of things lol. more $$$ than mega man I might add though!

Ohh, got'cha. I usually don't go for collector's editions, since I have enough clutter. Lol. That Mega Man Wiley Wars re-release looks really well done though, kinda wish I had hopped on that when I had the chance.

Jagosaurus wrote:Have of the recent Genesis games been selling ROMs for emus & flashcards?

Saw an indie dev do that recently (DC, GB, Jaguar games) and love the idea.

Yeah, a few of the newer Genesis titles have an option to just purchase the ROM. I know Xeno Crisis and Demons of Asteborg have the ROM for sale on their developer's site. I'm sure there's others I'm not aware of too.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

This Kickstarter is what is making me think I want a Mega Everdrive X7. The X7 is big enough for these homebrew ROMs but the rumor they are not made well and kill your console is keeping me from buying.

Each new Homebrew Genesis game is about $40-60 for the cart and $10 for the ROM, so shelling out $100 for an Everdrive and ROMs is cheaper than the carts... but the carts... sigh.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.