Jaguar through Component Video

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Jaguar through Component Video

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Idk if anyone's seen this or not, but I was browsing StoneAgeGamer recently and saw that they had a couple of AV converters for Atari Jaguar that let you use your Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo cables with them. I'd been running my Jaguar through S-video, but I have a set of HD Retrovision cables which I juggle between my Genesis, Master System, NeoGeo CD, Saturn, PC Engine, and PlayStation via their various adapters, so I ordered one of the Genesis adapters for Jaguar to give it a shot. It works BEAUTIFULLY. Here are a couple images of what the adapter looks like.

ImageImage

If you're wanting the best picture quality from your Jaguar and don't have a TV or upscaler that supports SCART, I'd say one of these and a set of HD Retrovision component cables is definitely the way to go. Super simple plug-and-play, and the picture is great.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Jaguar through Component Video

Post by Jagosaurus »

Really slick. Happy to hear these are readily available. It was originally 1 guy over on Atari Age making them in batches.

The Jag's composite is even really clean so imagine RGB is awesome.

You ever seen this bad boy? ... :shock:

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Totally impressed! Despite my strong want to own one, that console has always been trumped by other hardware. Still glad to see solutions that might save a system from a trash heap.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

Anapan wrote:Totally impressed! Despite my strong want to own one, that console has always been trumped by other hardware. Still glad to see solutions that might save a system from a trash heap.

Or from the dentist’s office!

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/28320 ... pment-ceo/
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.