Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Polymega/Retroblox: New 1080p "Clone" 2600 to PCE-CD to

by Forlorn Drifter Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:23 pm

I’m still interested in the hacking potential on this- it’s not as powerful as I’d like, but if I could get all my disc based systems running on this I’d be living the dream.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Got an email from Polymega asking to verify my address is still correct and that they will be shipping soon. Maybe they mean it this time? They have certainly gotten plenty into the hands of YouTubers.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Same, got a verification email a few days ago.
Now that my Neo SD Loader was kind of a bust (for now) the Polymega is the only way for me to make good use of my (few) Neo Geo CD games.

Really looking forward to putting my collection on there (probably not going to mod it even if it does get hacked), even got a 1TB SSD all ready to plug in.

I'm actually really looking forward to it.
The Polymega is actually kind of a neat thing for people with large collections.
...just another lost soul...
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:48 pm

Delayed again 2 days before shipping. Thing is a bust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqjzP8MrZew
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:05 am

Leo_DS is a very outspoken critic of Polymega. I wouldn't take his opinion as the gospel truth on the matter. Granted, a lot of his criticism of Polymega is valid but he definitely has a grudge. A good bit of his video was just speculation. That said, it is concerning that we are so close to the promised launch date of November 15th and there has been no public communication from Polymega in quite some time. Another delay is looking likely especially for WalMart and international customers. We'll have to wait and see if it will also apply to those that ordered direct from Polymega.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:49 am

bmoc wrote:Leo_DS is a very outspoken critic of Polymega. I wouldn't take his opinion as the gospel truth on the matter. Granted, a lot of his criticism of Polymega is valid but he definitely has a grudge. A good bit of his video was just speculation. That said, it is concerning that we are so close to the promised launch date of November 15th and there has been no public communication from Polymega in quite some time. Another delay is looking likely especially for WalMart and international customers. We'll have to wait and see if it will also apply to those that ordered direct from Polymega.

I got an email yesterday from Walmart. Delayed again but they don't have a real date just December 31st. So it's not happening this month. Or this year.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:54 am

Hey, what do you know, it's an actual update.
https://polymega.com/blogs/system-softw ... nformation

So another 3 months then (2/21).
A major reason I'm still holding on to my pre-order is that I really think that future light gun option is a must have.

Also, I have this SSD here that I can't use with anything else really.

Can't say I'm surprised about yet another delay, but it is disappointing.
At least I have other systems and ODE's to occupy my time and interests.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:37 pm

So Polymega is kicking Walmart to the curb and selling direct. Those that preordered from Walmart are going to be encouraged to cancel and place new preorders on Polymega's site.

Units for those that preordered prior to it being offered at Wal-Mart are supposed to ship in late February. New preorders are to ship in the April-May timeframe.

I still cant believe the Atari VCS made it to market first.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:21 am

This may be my most rash preorder purchase (pre-ordered from their site last year). I totally could've put money into a gaming laptop, as I keep seeing marvelous strides in emulation for more modern setups.

But dang it, this is still a neat thingy to me. It would give me another reason to dive into my collection.
Is this the month?

One thing I'm not clear on:
Can you play your copied games on other modules?
Like can you copy Panzer Dragoon for Saturn, then use the Turbo controller to play it, connected via Turbo module attached?
Or use a Sega controller for playing your copied SNES carts to finally get a comfortable Killer Instinct 6 button setup?

I want to try this thing, as it may have some interesting options.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:02 am

I got a couple 6-button TG16 controllers a few days ago. They seem pretty nice in quality.
It is part of another order I made (including the light guns which will ship in summer), but the fact that I got something from Polymega restores my hopes in getting the system soon.

I still want to know if they would work if I were to play Marvel vs Street Fighter or something. I'm leaning yes, but time will tell.
Return to Old-School Gaming News