Make New NES And SNES Games?

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
AppleQueso

Re: Make New NES And SNES Games?

Post by AppleQueso »

Even if you do find it and everything, it still doesn't make much of a difference. There are shitty homebrew things just like everything else. So what?

Nobody expects you to buy or play bad games or anything. I just take issue with the idea of making the whole scene out to seem like it's almost all crap.
muhanad
64-bit

Post by muhanad »

I can't imagine that developing new retro games would be profitable, considering how us retro gamers/collectors are used to getting games for pennies on the dollar, and games that are $30 dollars are considered expensive and highly sought after.
TheGregzilla
24-bit

Post by TheGregzilla »

AppleQueso wrote:Even if you do find it and everything, it still doesn't make much of a difference. There are shitty homebrew things just like everything else. So what?

Nobody expects you to buy or play bad games or anything. I just take issue with the idea of making the whole scene out to seem like it's almost all crap.

I wasn't trying to make the scene out like that at all, Im just saying my first instinct when I hear about homebrew games is "Oh jeez, another one of these..." Because there are a fair amount of badly made ones with glitches galore that make them nigh unplayable. And there are a decent amount of them that are just re-skins of games that are already out...I recall seeing a homebrew game being hyped on a site a few months ago where the main character was clearly just a re-skin of samus.

For clarification, a lot of the time I am proven wrong and the games are great. But in my experience for every few great homebrew games I see, there are just as many that are unplayable.