If you could suggest !just one! game for Together Retro...

Join in on our classic gaming club!
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

Ack wrote:Double Dragon. It was one of the first beat-'em-ups I ever played, and though it likely won't live up to my memories, I think everybody should play it, as it's an icon of the genre.

I mean, seriously, ask yourself: when was the last time you and a buddy busted out with some Double Dragon?

It´s been too long since i played dd in two player but i still play DD II for the nes from time to time :D so yeah Double Dragon got my vote
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

arion wrote:
Ack wrote:Double Dragon. It was one of the first beat-'em-ups I ever played, and though it likely won't live up to my memories, I think everybody should play it, as it's an icon of the genre.

I mean, seriously, ask yourself: when was the last time you and a buddy busted out with some Double Dragon?

It´s been too long since i played dd in two player but i still play DD II for the nes from time to time :D so yeah Double Dragon got my vote

Double Dragon is, do I dare say, boring to me. I'd much rather play River City Ransom. At least you have a little bit of variety and some money and equipment. Heck...we should play River City Ransom!
Ack

Post by Ack »

Honestly, the big perk with Double Dragon for me was multiplayer. Me and my brother would get the chance to sit and work together in a video game, something we rarely got to do, and helped each other beat the snot out of thugs, something we did too often to each other. In a way, it's nostalgia that makes me enjoy this game.

Also, Duck Tales for the NES should be played.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Ack wrote:Honestly, the big perk with Double Dragon for me was multiplayer. Me and my brother would get the chance to sit and work together in a video game, something we rarely got to do, and helped each other beat the snot out of thugs, something we did too often to each other. In a way, it's nostalgia that makes me enjoy this game.

Also, Duck Tales for the NES should be played.

That's why I really liked Final Fight, but only the Sega CD version has all 3 characters and 2 player mode! TMNT Arcade is great for multiplayer. Also Goonies 2 is a great NES title akin to Duck Tales.
UBERTRON777
32-bit

Post by UBERTRON777 »

Not my specific choice but if we were to do a computer game I think a nice goldmine would be old LucasArts games. Grim Fandango specifically but also the Monkey Island games. I have only played the 3D Monkey Island games and from what I can tell the older ones are even better.

The game I want to see most is Space Harrier. Great music, great atmosphere, classic.
The Apprentice
128-bit

Post by The Apprentice »

Mike Tyson's Punch Out.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
General Chaos
128-bit

Post by General Chaos »

ott0bot wrote:
arion wrote:

Double Dragon is, do I dare say, boring to me. I'd much rather play River City Ransom. At least you have a little bit of variety and some money and equipment. Heck...we should play River City Ransom!

I'd do RCR. Would it count if I played the GBA remake?
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

rocket knight adventure
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

ogre battle on snes?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Funk, E
128-bit

Post by Funk, E »

Oh my freaking GOD Rocket Knight Adventures.