Post Your Kid Icarus Progress/High Scores

Join in on our classic gaming club!
marurun

Post by marurun »

I am using save states because I have little time to play. But it's still DAMN hard. I'm in the fortress right now, slowly earning money to keep buying back the life I keep losing.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Dig
8-bit

Post by Dig »

I am using save states on nesDS, but progress is slow. It is made infinitely worse since on at least one occasion I have worked up through a level, attempted to use a save state only to have my hand slip and hit load state instead, starting me at the beginning of the level. :evil:

I am hopeful, though. I shall finish this game with only minimal sacrifice of real-life obligations.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I too am playing this with nesDS and must say that I have never appreciated the rewind button in this emulator more than I do with this game.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I'm playing on FCE Ultra, and only used save states at start of levels (and before I figured I could get a life boost by dying, I always restarted by loading the corresponding level state). I'm only on 2-1 though, but I managed to get 2 arrows and 4 life bars :) The boss was actually easy as I had 12 helpers and a nearly full gauge when I got there. I already spotted a regen room in the start of 2-1 as well, so it's not even crucial to be careful at the boss.

Ivo.
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

I kinda suck at this game. I'm stuck on 1-3! :( I'll stick with it though because the fun outweighs the frustration... for now.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

xraydash wrote:I kinda suck at this game. I'm stuck on 1-3! :( I'll stick with it though because the fun outweighs the frustration... for now.

If you want, grind a bit of score in level 1-1, then you'll have more life from them on. The early levels when you don't have much energy is perhaps the most difficult part of the game (a flaw in the design, IMO).

Ivo.
bobbynewmarkiii
128-bit

Post by bobbynewmarkiii »

Today's Hi-Score - 0

All time Hi-Score - 0

:shock:
marurun

Post by marurun »

Well, even when you do have lots of life it is awfully easy to lose it :)
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

xraydash wrote:I kinda suck at this game. I'm stuck on 1-3! :( I'll stick with it though because the fun outweighs the frustration... for now.

I got a bad case of nes thumbs trying to beat that level :D and i still haven´t
Ivo
Next-Gen

Finish!

Post by Ivo »

Just got through to the end. Fortress 3 was annoying as heck though, they had Eggplants "guarding" one of the two yellow pools. I loaded states only at beginning of stages or in a yellow pool in fortress (for example in fortress 3, after I performed two runs to the nearby hospital and back, I realized that it would just save time, as getting uncursed and back to the pool when I had max energy required only time and no skill).

I entered the stage 4 with 8 bottles, and could afford to waste them just blasting away at the last boss (had 3 spare by the end, playing without much care).

Unlike the end of Zelda, there is no curtain! Shame on Nintendo!

Ivo.