Does Kid Icarus Deserve A Sequel? Why?

Join in on our classic gaming club!
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think a new Kid for DS would be very appropriate. They could always migrate it a tiny bit more in the Metroid direction. If you think about it, Kid is almost an amalgam of Metroid and Zelda, and a very predictive game of the later Castlevania titles. Nintendo would be wise to keep a similar format when releasing a new Kid game.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I hadn't thought about it that way, but even 3d could work. They could use the engine of metroid prime, and adapt a bit of bow and arrow (like from the Zelda game?) into it.

As long as they devote enough development on it, it would be a good game. It's Nintendo, not Sega, so we shouldn't be too worried (sad to say it, but true).

Ivo.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ah, but even Nintendo outsources a good bit of their development. Sega made F-Zero GX and Capcom has made all the GameBoy Zelda games since Awakening (overlooking the port of LttP).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

marurun wrote:Ah, but even Nintendo outsources a good bit of their development. Sega made F-Zero GX and Capcom has made all the GameBoy Zelda games since Awakening (overlooking the port of LttP).

As long as there is quality control... The Capcom Zelda games are quite good IMO.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Stereo wrote:Has anyone played the PS2 Rygar? I could see a new Kid Icarus being & looking like that. One of those brawler-platformer games.. The only problem is that it would probably be hard to make a brawler when your character is mainly equpped with a bow... Maybe they should FPS it like they did with metroid? :D

You could also go in the opposite direction like a Shadow of the Colossus sorta title, but with way more enemies. Or very very cutesy might be fun.

i still think a 2d would be sweet.