Join in on our classic gaming club!
Ack

Re: Console of the Month (September 2022) - Super Nintendo

by Ack Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:08 pm

Oh yeah, I've still got it! It is currently packed in with all my SNES carts, but I'll have it back on display when I get them out next.
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:52 pm

Yo
Attachments
2A4B8363-729E-48BF-99F3-BAFB2FE69231.jpeg
2A4B8363-729E-48BF-99F3-BAFB2FE69231.jpeg (262.54 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:53 pm

Backs
Attachments
32567C4C-D630-4E99-8BC2-4C2FC3298C8B.jpeg
32567C4C-D630-4E99-8BC2-4C2FC3298C8B.jpeg (82.16 KiB) Viewed 3253 times

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:58 pm

Pretty slick looking!!
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:01 pm

All Ziggy originals. He does great work!

Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Chupon, thanks for posting those pics! I got a kick out of seeing them. It's awesome that you guys still have these carts. Maybe I'll do some more if we have a charity auction this year.

That Star Fox 2 cart I dedicated to SnowKitty. As I mentioned in my other post, it was SnowKitty that turned me on to cart hacking. That was the year that we learned of his passing, and I wanted to do something in remembrance of him.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:54 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Damn, I wish I still had all of my old gaming mags. I didn't have many Nintendo Power back in the 90s, but my brother and I use to pickup GamePro all the time. Unfortunately, I don't think I have any of my GamePro magazines, aside from a few snipped pages that I saved. I do, however, have just a few Nintendo Power magazines. Two of them though are missing the front/back covers, which really annoys me. But I do have that Illusion of Gaia issue with the cover!

A few of my issues are now missing the front covers too. While I kept most of my old magazines from that time, some ended up in pretty poor condition, from both a lot of time spent flipping through them and the general abuse of a child flinging his magazines around without a care in the world. Lol. Regarding Illusion of Gaia, I feel like this game was advertised a lot back in the 90s, so I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it until later on!

Also, I might have to take you up on your reproduction services sometime, Ziggy. I've played a bit of Bahamut Lagoon, Front Mission: Gun Hazard, and Hyper Iria. However, there's a lot of import games I want to play, with Seiken Densetsu 3 and Terranigma at the top of the list.

Ack wrote:Definitely. Star Ocean and Final Fantasy V are two RPGs that immediately come to mind, but there are many others I enjoyed and consider worth checking out: Bahamut Lagoon, Front Mission, Tales of Phantasia, Live A Live, and Magic Knights Rayearth were all ones I grabbed up eagerly, alongside Terranigma. Not a fan translation on that one, but still worth looking into.

There are many I never got to play though, such as Energy Breaker. Does anyone know if the Record of Lodoss War translation was ever completed?

I believe that Record of Lodoss War translation was completed, as I did see an English reproduction cart of it for sale. Looks like a fun game too.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:17 am

Man, I just had one of those work weeks where I got home late every day and was just too exhausted to play video games. So I haven't played any Secret of Mana since last weekend.

I'm sad to see this month go. I honestly from time to time forget how much I like the SNES!

Note wrote:A few of my issues are now missing the front covers too. While I kept most of my old magazines from that time, some ended up in pretty poor condition, from both a lot of time spent flipping through them and the general abuse of a child flinging his magazines around without a care in the world. Lol. Regarding Illusion of Gaia, I feel like this game was advertised a lot back in the 90s, so I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it until later on!

LOL, exactly. I would have treated these magazine better if I knew I would like to look at them 30 years later.

Too bad you can find scans of Nintendo Power magazines. For the two that I have that are missing covers, I could print and attach new covers for them.

About Illusion of Gaia, I mean, I might have seen it in a magazine or on a store shelf but ignored it. I didn't know anyone that owned it though, so I never got any exposure to it back then.

Note wrote:Also, I might have to take you up on your reproduction services sometime, Ziggy. I've played a bit of Bahamut Lagoon, Front Mission: Gun Hazard, and Hyper Iria. However, there's a lot of import games I want to play, with Seiken Densetsu 3 and Terranigma at the top of the list.

Yeah man, definitely! Feel free to PM me anytime.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
marurun

by marurun Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:19 pm

I’m one of those few people who is really on the fence about the SNES. There were definitely some top tier games on it, but I still struggle to feel as much affection for it as I do any number of underdogs. I guess I just have too much underdog affinity.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:05 am

Ziggy587 wrote:I'm sad to see this month go. I honestly from time to time forget how much I like the SNES!

No reason why we can't continue to talk about it.
Return to Together Retro