Join in on our classic gaming club!

What run-off TR theme should we play in December?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:00 am

Playing with Power: Portable Power!
50%
Camelot on the Spot
50%

Total votes : 14
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Together Retro December 2021 Poll - Run-Off the Run-Off!

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 am

The last poll ended in yet another tie, and in an informal poll on the slack chat, I asked if people would rather I held another short poll, or if they'd prefer I just flipped a coin. Holding a run-off poll won by a pretty large margin, so here we are, running another poll for a brief two days so we can all get to Together Retro-ing! x3

The category descriptions, once more:

Playing with Power: Portable Power! (monochrome Game Boy)

I feel like almost everyone has some experience with the Game Boy released in 1989 but then EXPLODED in 1998 with the release of Pokemon and the Game Boy Color in the US. But I know for myself and some others, the monochrome era games are largely mysterious and unknown. Sure, you might know Super Mario Land or Kirby's Dream Land, but have you played Heiankyo Alien or Daedalian Opus? Give yourself a chance to explore the vast but oft-neglected world of old school monochrome Game Boy! What hardware you play it on is up to you: the original GB is kind of rough with its blurry green screen, so folks are definitely welcome to play on a GB Color, Advance, Super Game Boy, or even emulating on a PC. But those black cartridge "Game Boy Color enhanced" games are OUT! Monochrome only!

----

Camelot on the Spot

Camelot Software Planning started out in 1990 as Sega CD4 then quickly renamed to Sonic Software Planning and was known for the development of the Shining series. During their tenure with Sega, they released a multitude of great RPGs for the Genesis, Game Gear, Sega CD, and the Saturn. They had a brief stint working with Sony and eventually ended up as an exclusive second party developer for Nintendo, creating fun sports titles such as Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, and the Golden Sun series. Camelot has a long resume of games, spanning a few different genres and it’s great to see them still around. This month let’s delve into some of the games from this developer!

----

It is currently just about 4PM Japan time, and this poll is again lasting for *two* whole days (ending 4PM Friday for me, 7AM UK time, and 2AM EST) to give time people to see this post and vote in time for the weekend~. Happy voting! ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro December 2021 Poll - Run-Off the Run-Off!

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:26 pm

We're some 16 hours in and at 8 votes we're already at a tie! :lol:

Not another tie, please! :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:52 pm

PartridgeSenpai wrote:We're some 16 hours in and at 8 votes we're already at a tie! :lol:

You could run both concurrently. I'm guessing you'll have a sizeable number of people who strongly prefer one over the other. (At 8 votes it's too hard to tell, though.)
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:04 pm

PartridgeSenpai wrote:We're some 16 hours in and at 8 votes we're already at a tie! :lol:

You had the chance to flip a coin and you went with a runoff.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:26 am

MrPopo wrote:

You had the chance to flip a coin and you went with a runoff.

I mean if there's another tie, I'm DEFINITELY flipping a coin this time x3

Though I did go out and get games for both categories today, so I'm ready no matter what wins~
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:34 am

Well, we're here again, at another tie, so this time I just flipped a coin :lol:

Congrats to Camelot on the Spot, our winner!

I'll admit, I was gettin' kinda hype for GameBoy stuff, but I shall simply do that as well as play a few Shining games this month x3

I'll make a TR thread for it sometime tomorrow unless Note wants to make one instead, as this was originally his topic~.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:51 pm

Thanks for making the polls and doing the coin flip, Pidge! I was prepared with games for both themes. I can create a thread for the Camelot topic later today.

Also, thanks to everyone for voting!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:37 pm

Note wrote:Thanks for making the polls and doing the coin flip, Pidge! I was prepared with games for both themes. I can create a thread for the Camelot topic later today.

Also, thanks to everyone for voting!

No problem, Note! Very happy to help with one of my favorite RacketBoy things ^w^
Return to Together Retro