31%
32-Bit Survival
19%
Twenty years of … the Gamecube!
34%

Total votes : 32
Note
Next-Gen

Together Retro August 2021 Poll - Let's Vote!

by Note Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Let's vote on August's Together Retro theme! As usual, you are able to choose two themes from the four listed below. Polling will close in 10 days, so your last date to vote is July 25th. Whichever theme comes out the victor, you must play something that was released at least 10 years ago. Other than that, look forward to another month of enjoying retro games with the Racketboy community! Let's vote!

Reload! Reload!

Light gun games are great pick up and play action. Let’s take a month to enjoy some of our favorite light gun games that made it into our living rooms! There were fun light gun titles released in many game generations, with the 32-bit era in particular having a lot of worthy releases. For this style of game on a more modern console, there was a lot of titles released on the Wii. Let’s dust off our light guns (or Wii motes, or motion controllers) this month!

Camelot on the Spot

Camelot Software Planning started out in 1990 as Sega CD4 then quickly renamed to Sonic Software Planning and was known for the development of the Shining series. During their tenure with Sega, they released a multitude of great RPGs for the Genesis, Game Gear, Sega CD, and the Saturn. They had a brief stint working with Sony and eventually ended up as an exclusive second party developer for Nintendo, creating fun sports titles such as Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, and the Golden Sun series. Camelot has a long resume of games, spanning a few different genres and it’s great to see them still around. This month let’s delve into some of the games from this developer!

32-Bit Survival

The release of Resident Evil on the PS1 was an iconic moment in gaming. Not only was the game a memorable ride filled with jump scares and entertaining one liners in the dialogue, the title spawned a great series and a whole genre of survival horror and horror themed releases in the 32-bit era (and beyond). Let’s take a month to play and explore survival horror, and horror themed games released on 32-bit consoles (any home console from the fifth generation is welcome: PS1, Saturn, N64). Blood … I hope that’s not Chris’s blood!

Twenty years of … the Gamecube!

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years since the Gamecube hit store shelves in 2001. I always felt this console was underrated when originally released. With that being said, the Gamecube had a lot of great console exclusive games and accessories that made it worth owning. Also, the system had an awesome startup screen and jingle. Let’s take this month to celebrate 20 years of the Gamecube, break out this strange but comfortable controller, and play games that were originally released on the console!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro August 2021 Poll - Let's Vote!

by alienjesus Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:33 am

I am so in for the Gamecube theme! Here's hoping that one wins.

My other vote went to Camelot because hey, I like Camelot stuff. Shining Force, Mario Golf, Golden Sun - good stuff!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:01 am

Camelot! CAMELOT!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:29 am

Damn, these are really hard categories!

If I went with Camelot, I could go with either Mario Golf or Mario Tennis 64, both of which I've had sitting around for ages.

If I went for horror, I could finally get that copy of Nightmare Creatures I've been pondering picking up for ages X3

And if I picked GameCube, then I could finally get off of my butt and play through the remake of Far East of Eden 2 that I picked up for that thing months ago (or also possibly Metroid Prime, another game I picked up but never got to actually playing).

Too difficult to choose! I'm gonna have to sleep on it~ X3
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:13 pm

Glad to see it's a pretty close race in the voting!

If Camelot wins, I will most likely continue my game in Shining the Holy Ark which I started earlier in the year, and got about halfway through. Golden Sun: The Lost Age is a contender too, which I've owned since release but never put much time into after loving the first Golden Sun game. If it goes to survival horror, I'll most likely play Resident Evil 3 on the PS1. And if Gamecube wins, I have a few options but most likely Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, or Metroid Prime. If the light gun category takes it, I think House of the Dead 2 is the only one I have that I haven't finished, or I might consider picking up Virtua Cop 1 + 2, or Gunfighter: Legend of Jesse James on the PS1.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:16 pm

I went with Camelot and GameCube, but I have solid options for all the categories, so I don't really care which one wins.

Excellent options, Note!
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 pm

Michi wrote:I went with Camelot and GameCube, but I have solid options for all the categories, so I don't really care which one wins.

Excellent options, Note!

Glad that you like the options Michi, and have some games to play, no matter the category!
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:22 pm

Only a few more days to vote, so if you haven't ... get to voting!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:24 am

Aw heck! I took so long thinking about what to vote for, I nearly totally forgot to vote!

Go Gamecube go! ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:01 pm

So worth this news who wants to play Zelda Four Swords or FFCC via online GameCube/GBA emulation?
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gamecube ... 00385.html
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Return to Together Retro