Join in on our classic gaming club!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro June 2021 - Too Rich For My Blood

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:47 am

Anyone else like the English opening song of Rayearth? A bold localization choice, but it isn't bad at all.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 pm

MrPopo wrote:I'd put it somewhere in the 10-12 hour range. I started it Sunday morning and finished it Monday evening before going to bed.

Thanks, that's sounds doable for me in a TR month. probably take me longer though lol. Moving on to this next as I got through Terminator sega cd last night. Fun run and gun.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:22 pm

It's hot and I'm finding my motivation to play things dramatically reduced, but I think I'll at least be able to play through Radiant Silvergun for the first time in many years. My memories of that game are that it's way too technical and memorization-heavy for me to wrap my brain around, but I'd like to give it another chance and would love to hear what other folks think of it.
I might also play Cotton or Aleste via the PS4 releases that came out last year, but we'll see.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Anyone else like the English opening song of Rayearth? A bold localization choice, but it isn't bad at all.

Yeah! It's definitely solid, way better than the English opening they made for the TV series.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:28 pm

^ I suck at radiant silvergun, and most shmups in general lol. I like the game but can't do much until I start leveling up on replays, then of course i can get somewhere. I usually hate these types of games that have all these shooting options you have to use for certain situations. I just want powerups and a bomb, keep it simple, but i love playing through it.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:32 pm

I tried that before on the pseudo saturn. It was my first shmup. I got like a 10% kill rate on the first level and got a game over like 30 seconds later lol
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:I tried that before on the pseudo saturn. It was my first shmup. I got like a 10% kill rate on the first level and got a game over like 30 seconds later lol

it's like an rpg, the more you play, the stronger your ship gets (save your game) and the more you memorize the stages. I feel you though. I was like fuck this, after about a few minutes of getting slaughtered. It gets better.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:00 am

Played about two more hours of Chrono Trigger tonight. Defeated Magus and got the better weapons in the Ioka Trading Hut. Then went through most of the Tyrano Lair and defeated the Nizbel II boss but saved it after that battle. Really enjoying the game so far. After not playing RPGs most of the year, I'm having a good time getting back into one and this is a bucket list game for me. Also, I like the fact that you don't get hit with an encounter everywhere you step.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:07 am

Nemoide wrote:It's hot and I'm finding my motivation to play things dramatically reduced, but I think I'll at least be able to play through Radiant Silvergun for the first time in many years. My memories of that game are that it's way too technical and memorization-heavy for me to wrap my brain around, but I'd like to give it another chance and would love to hear what other folks think of it.
I might also play Cotton or Aleste via the PS4 releases that came out last year, but we'll see.

I'll be playing through Radiant Silvergun later in the month, but it'll actually be my first time trying to finish the game. I've played it a bit here and there in the past but never seriously sat down to try completing it. Do you plan to play it on Arcade mode or Saturn mode? Just curious.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:11 pm

I'm not sure yet! I remember preferring Saturn mode.
marurun

by marurun Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Saturn mode injects story sequences and plays the levels in a slightly different order, iirc.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Together Retro