Together Retro: The Official Forum Thread

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Ack

Re: Together Retro: The Official Forum Thread

Post by Ack »

From what I've heard, some folks disagreed with some of his statements and felt the need to inform him of this.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well, isn't that a given? I mean. He's stating opinions on the internet. So whatever. But I thought it was a well written piece. And I personally agreed with a lot of his opinions. But it's no big surprise that each of us likes one FF game more than another.
Ack

Post by Ack »

But you don't feel the need to express your opinion with constant cursing, demeaning of his opinion, death threats to his mother, etc. You get the idea.

And even if you didn't or don't agree with some of the things we might write in our articles noiseredux, you're polite to us, interested in learning and sharing, and supportive and helpful in the community. In short...it's guys like you that make this job worth doing.

Well, that and the money. Lots of money. Sometimes Racket invites us out to his personal yacht where we drink expensive cognac from diamond-encrusted glasses. We spend the evening playing shuffleboard with Donald Trump and Bill Gates, before wrapping up the night with some competitive Baku Baku on Racket's gold Sega Saturn.

Ok, that last part isn't true.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hahaha, point well taken my good man!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ack understated it by a bit. I got about fifty direct emails of hate, not to mention the comments on digg. There were very few who said it was of any merit, you and Marurun are the two most prominent in my mind (atleast out of those who dont know me in real life).

The hatemail really disillusioned me of my writing for several months, the Battle Tetris Gaiden piece that went up was actually written during the FF article. It wasnt until about a month after Gary died that I really picked up the pen again. I remembered that he would not have wanted me to stop for any reason, and that was the jolt to get me back. Now I just dont read comments.

And yes, I realize that letting them get to me was a cowardly move and that my writing may still be a fools errand. It really doesnt matter that much to me, Ive got some big, none gaming, writing in the pipe this year. Right now it is hush hush, but soon.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

That's crazy man. I don't understand that sort of flame BS. It's just ridiculous. (BTW, I'm not sure who Gary is?) But I'm just glad you're still here, man. And though I've read it like 3 times since it was published, this time made me want to play FF Legend III since I recently scored it in a trade, but had only ever played FF Legend I when it was first released.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Gary = Gary Gygax. He wrote part of the opening and was a friend of mine. You may remember him from Futurama, or the fact that he was one of the creators of Dungeons and Dragons.

Legends III is my favorite of the Legends titles. Like all of them, it gets slow in parts, but it is still an awesome game. It was the best example of a console rpg on a handheld for a long time - I mean it really played like a SNES RPG and looked like a NES one. If you are digging Gameboy RPGs, look up Great Greed.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:Gary = Gary Gygax. He wrote part of the opening and was a friend of mine. You may remember him from Futurama, or the fact that he was one of the creators of Dungeons and Dragons.

oooooooh okay.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Oh, fast -- I have ONE thing I'd suggest changing on the calendar. I think the King Of Monsters/Godzilla thing should be in OCTOBER as it seems appropriate to do the monster-themed games during the month of Halloween (like how we did Resident Evil for 10/09).
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

done