Together Retro: The Official Forum Thread

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: The Official Forum Thread

Post by noiseredux »

I prefer SFIII myself...

I'd have to sit out Life Force. But can't fault you. It is on a lot of consoles. Just not ones that I'm collecting for. (Though if you just want a horizontal shmup, certainly Gradius and Darius have been released on a lot platforms. But like I said, can understand the Life Force choice).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

if anyone other than me and fastbilly has any thoughts on shmups, let you speak now or forever hold your pieces.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

OMG, I just though of something... TEMPEST!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Tempest or Tempest 2000/Typhoon 2001?
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ok, a couple of things. Fastbilly and I were just talking on the phone, and I mentioned a few titles that might be worth checking out, if not immediately than some day.

King of the Monsters. We haven't done any wrestling games, and for those of us who aren't fans of UWC or whatever those fellas are calling themselves these days, or for those of us who aren't necessarily from a country that broadcasts or takes any interest in the wrestling shows broadcast in America, licensed games are a bit of an issue. Not so with King of the Monsters.

Fatal Fury: King of Fighters. Be honest, how many of us have actually played the original Fatal Fury? Every now and again, it's good to go back to the early days of fighters and see where much of it got started, and we could all use a little more SNK fighters in our lives.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin. It's an interesting little 2D beat em up/action title(as opposed to Battletoads 2.5D gameplay), with some differences between versions, but is still a lot of fun. Plus, the Sega CD's music is epic.

Also, for a platformer, what about The Lion King? Just a thought.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:Tempest or Tempest 2000/Typhoon 2001?

I figured either, since 2000 is basically a high tech remake. The original is obviously far more accessible as it's on a lot of consoles, though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

@Ack:

I'm all for Fatal Fury or King of the Fighters.

I've never played Lion King. I'd be intrigued if you say it's good.

On a similar line of thinking as King Of The Monsters, what about that Godzilla Melee game that was released for GC/PS2/XBox? Seems like an update to King Of The Monsters, but with Godzilla roster. Which makes it awesomer in my book.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Alright, I am just going to pin the calender as this:
A Wonderboy for October
Vs fighter for November
Tempest series for December

The 2d fighter comes down between Street Fighter III, Fatal Fury, and King of Monsters - I know King of Monsters is not a fighter, but itll give it a chance to get in this year.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

my first pick is SFIII, then Fatal Fury OR KING OF THE FIGHTERS, and King Of Monsters last.
Zach
8-bit

Post by Zach »

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I have a suggestion for a platformer. I think a fun one would be Earthworm Jim Special Edition on the Sega CD. And Lion King is also a really good platformer.