Costume Change
9%
Not For YoU.S.A
31%

Total votes: 32

SpaceBooger

Re: Together Retro: February 2020 theme poll

Post by SpaceBooger »

I'm going to play through Keio Flying Squadron 2 for the Saturn.
I'm assuming I can play the PAL version using my Action Replay. So after watching some gameplay videos I have decided that I'm going to play through Keio Flying Squadron 2.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
lordb0rb4
32-bit

Post by lordb0rb4 »

Yu Yu Hakusho was pretty popular back in the 90's here in Brazil to the point of a fully localized version of Yuu Yuu Hakusho - Makyou Toitsusen by TEC-TOY, which i'm enjoying this weekend.
Developed by Treasure and released in 1994, Yuu Yuu Hakusho - Makyou Toitsusen is a 1v1 fighting game with unique mechanics and simple but great sprite-work.
SFC's Yu Yu Hakusho Final is another game i intend to play this month.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I played that during the Treasure month last year. It was pretty fun, actually. The first time I'd ever tried it, some years ago, it felt a little janky and weird. I didn't like it very much, but after really investing some time into it last year, it felt pretty competent, and like it would make for a really fun experience in the four-player modes, with actual human opponents.

I was looking at a list of the best selling Mega Drive games in Japan, not too long ago, and was shocked to see that Makyou Touitsusen was somewhere between 15th and 11th, I think (I don't remember exactly what position it was). No Mega Drive games sold especially well in Japan, but Makyou Touitsusen is priced these days as if it were one of the rarest games, when it actually (supposedly) sold about as many copies as stuff like Shining and the Darkness, or Shining Force II, which are both about $4 games now.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Apologies the thread isn’t up yet! Will be shortly, been away from my pc this weekend!
lordb0rb4
32-bit

Post by lordb0rb4 »

pierrot wrote:I played that during the Treasure month last year. It was pretty fun, actually. The first time I'd ever tried it, some years ago, it felt a little janky and weird. I didn't like it very much, but after really investing some time into it last year, it felt pretty competent, and like it would make for a really fun experience in the four-player modes, with actual human opponents.

I was looking at a list of the best selling Mega Drive games in Japan, not too long ago, and was shocked to see that Makyou Touitsusen was somewhere between 15th and 11th, I think (I don't remember exactly what position it was). No Mega Drive games sold especially well in Japan, but Makyou Touitsusen is priced these days as if it were one of the rarest games, when it actually (supposedly) sold about as many copies as stuff like Shining and the Darkness, or Shining Force II, which are both about $4 games now.

Ohhhh, so THAT'S why it has 2 planes and the weird turn left/right hum?
Nice, i'm enjoying it a lot, finished with half of characters, some of them have great gameplay and combos.
Have you tried Yu Yu Final on the Super Famicom Pierrot? It's pretty amazing IMO, more traditional than this one. :wink: