Join in on our classic gaming club!
User avatar
PretentiousHipster
64-bit
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:10 am
Location: Canada

Re: Together Retro, Jan 20: 2010 RETRO!

by PretentiousHipster Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:33 pm

Panzer Dragoon Orta was the first 10/10 I've given since I went back into gaming.
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23119
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Together Retro, Jan 20: 2010 RETRO!

by dsheinem Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:14 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:Panzer Dragoon Orta was the first 10/10 I've given since I went back into gaming.


Orta is one I have never gotten around to, despite loving both PD & PDII. It is actually a title I plan to play soon...

I am trying the Tomb Raider spin-off series that started with “Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light”. So far, I dig it. Been listening to Onehotrix Point Never’s Returnal and some of Janelle Monae’s ArchAndroid (both from 2010) while playing it, both seem suitable for the pace of gameplay.

Did anyone play Thexder Neo on the PS3? Debating giving that a spin...
User avatar
Nemoide
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2072
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Together Retro, Jan 20: 2010 RETRO!

by Nemoide Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:05 pm

I beat Super Meat Boy! This game really is as hard its reputation would have you believe, I couldn't tell you how many tries it took me to beat some of the hardest levels and the last boss. I'm definitely not aiming for the "true ending" because I feel like just beating the normal levels is enough of a challenge and I'm glad I don't need to play this game anymore.

Unfortunately due to the fairly simple nature of the game, I don't think I have much to say about it beyond "yep, it's hard" and "wow, the sensibilities of this game definitely feel like they're from a decade ago." The simplicity of the game is a plus, it makes the game feel like a distillation of the platformer genre rather than making it feel threadbare. If you like platformers and are up for a challenge, it's pretty good. But I've grown lukewarm on platformers over the years so while I liked playing it, I didn't feel compelled to 100% the game or anything and it's hardly anything mindblowing. When it comes to super-hard games, I much prefer rhythm games and shmups and the hyper-focused state they can cause.
Image
User avatar
lordb0rb4
32-bit
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 6:03 am

Re: Together Retro, Jan 20: 2010 RETRO!

by lordb0rb4 Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:16 pm

Nemoide wrote:I beat Super Meat Boy! This game really is as hard its reputation would have you believe, I couldn't tell you how many tries it took me to beat some of the hardest levels and the last boss. I'm definitely not aiming for the "true ending" because I feel like just beating the normal levels is enough of a challenge and I'm glad I don't need to play this game anymore.

Unfortunately due to the fairly simple nature of the game, I don't think I have much to say about it beyond "yep, it's hard" and "wow, the sensibilities of this game definitely feel like they're from a decade ago." The simplicity of the game is a plus, it makes the game feel like a distillation of the platformer genre rather than making it feel threadbare. If you like platformers and are up for a challenge, it's pretty good. But I've grown lukewarm on platformers over the years so while I liked playing it, I didn't feel compelled to 100% the game or anything and it's hardly anything mindblowing. When it comes to super-hard games, I much prefer rhythm games and shmups and the hyper-focused state they can cause.

Amazing feat, Congratulations!
If you haven't already, PLEASE, watch Indie Game: The Movie.
So, something funny happened today, somehow i own Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ for the PS3 and i'm quite ashamed to state that it's my first time playing this arcade classic! :lol: :shock:
I mean, OF COURSE i know pac-man and how it works, and there's some trophies dating back to 2011 (i have no recollection of playing it :lol: ) but it's the first time playing it proper.
So far i'm loving the new mechanics that obviously are new like the bomb and the near death slow-mo, great stuff
User avatar
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10820
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: Together Retro, Jan 20: 2010 RETRO!

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:39 pm

dsheinem wrote:Did anyone play Thexder Neo on the PS3? Debating giving that a spin...


I have played it. I don’t get it. As far as I can tell, all Thexder games are bad..
Return to Together Retro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest