18%
Working Designs Games
21%

Total votes: 38

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: November 2019 Together Retro Poll

Post by noiseredux »

I think you should pick. I fear another week would result in another tie.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

So, I did vote in my own thread. I voted for Luigi and Working Designs and both of them tied with Star Wars. I am going to decide between them.

With the amount of chatter that was brought early on in the thread, I think it is clear what some people really wanted. I didn't hear many people talk about Luigi, so I wonder if people were voting just to get all of them to tie.

It is the category that I wanted to win and the one that was talked about most.

The winner is....

Working Designs Games!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

cool, cool. I was gonna be happy with any result. In this case, I have a copy of Miami Law on its way. This is a game I never heard of until you made this thread, so it'll be interesting!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Markies wrote:With the amount of chatter that was brought early on in the thread, I think it is clear what some people really wanted. I didn't hear many people talk about Luigi, so I wonder if people were voting just to get all of them to tie.

Er...feeling guilty now, heh. Well I know I contributed to that at the end there and joked about it, so for what it's worth, I did genuinely vote for what I wanted to win.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Looks like Working Designs put out some shmups and mech games. I'll probably go with one of those.
marurun

Post by marurun »

If you don't mind playing a short RPG with crappy, even broken, mechanics, I have to recommend Cosmic Fantasy 2 on the TurboGrafx-16. The translation is... VERY WD, but the core story is quite amusing and it has a trope subversion core to the plot that's actually quite interesting.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

CFFJR wrote:
Markies wrote:With the amount of chatter that was brought early on in the thread, I think it is clear what some people really wanted. I didn't hear many people talk about Luigi, so I wonder if people were voting just to get all of them to tie.

Er...feeling guilty now, heh. Well I know I contributed to that at the end there and joked about it, so for what it's worth, I did genuinely vote for what I wanted to win.

Don't worry about it. That wasn't a shot at you or anybody in particular. As long as you voted for what you wanted, then I have nothing to complain about.

Overall, it was my decision, but I also took the discussion as a part of it as well. People seemed to be really excited for the Working Designs category while I didn't hear anybody talk about Luigi. So, I figured people would be more excited for Working Designs.