Join in on our classic gaming club!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Aug Together Retro: Animal Main Characters

by Xeogred Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:36 am

The Ratchet & Clank series is amazing and basically what Star Fox should have become. I'd put them above Mario Galaxy and Captain Toad, easily.

Sly is awesome too, though I didn't love the third one. I still need to check out 4.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:05 pm

nullPointer wrote:I don't have an Xbox (of any variety) so I don't know if I'll have the opportunity to check out Scaler in the near future

Scaler was also released on PS2 and GameCube, if you want to try it on another platform. I'm not saying Scaler is amazing, just highly competent for being a 3D platformer not made by Nintendo.

nullPointer wrote:I know you're not huge on 'kiddie themed' games

True enough, I don't normally gravitate towards kiddie games. Cloying cuteness just isn't my thing. I will play a kiddie game if its actual gameplay is above par. In regards to Ratchet & Clank, the character of "Ratchet" is visually revolting to me. Plus there's at least thirteen games in that series. I wouldn't have a clue where to start playing. Maybe if there's one particular R&C game that's absolutely the very best one, I might be willing to give it a chance.

-

ANYWAY! Today is the final day of "Animal Main Characters". Anyone still playing games for this TR?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:28 pm

So I played a bit of Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak for the last game this month... And I find that it's ok. It is very cute and it has quite a bit of fun dialogue, but I don't really enjoy the gameplay. It's basically an adventure game, where you have to figure out how to get certain things and solving problems by using the right items and using the right keywords (which are all very cutsie like "Scrit-T" means scratch and "Stickie" means poke). There are a ton of different keywords, which you have to collect by talking to different hamsters that will teach them to you. Now the game is not bad at all (at least I haven't run across any bad aspects) but I just don't really enjoy puzzley adventure games. It's too much slow thinking for my taste. It might be a good game for some people here (assuming you are fine with very cute games), but not for me.

----
Now that the month is almost over, I just want to say thank you to everyone who participated :) I liked putting the topics together and I really liked reading everyone's experiences with their chosen games (both good and bad ha). So thank you guys for making it a good month :)
Return to Together Retro