47%
FMV Games
53%

Total votes: 30

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

marurun wrote:That is good news! I look forward to reading your experiences.

I'll jist throw out the spoilers now. Outside of wing commander 3 and 4, I'll be playing voyeur 1 and 2, the mad dog mccree games, who shot Johnny Rock, Wirehead, Supreme Warrior, Zork nemesis, zork grand inquisitor, Double Switch and that is just the beginning!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
marurun wrote:That is good news! I look forward to reading your experiences.

I'll jist throw out the spoilers now. Outside of wing commander 3 and 4, I'll be playing voyeur 1 and 2, the mad dog mccree games, who shot Johnny Rock, Wirehead, Supreme Warrior, Zork nemesis, zork grand inquisitor, Double Switch and that is just the beginning!

Oh, I forgot about Voyeur! I might give that one a shot, too....On my CDi :P
marurun

Post by marurun »

Nobody is going to play any of the LaserActive Sega or NEC PAC LaserDisc titles?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I'll jist throw out the spoilers now. Outside of wing commander 3 and 4, I'll be playing voyeur 1 and 2, the mad dog mccree games, who shot Johnny Rock, Wirehead, Supreme Warrior, Zork nemesis, zork grand inquisitor, Double Switch and that is just the beginning!

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews of all those games after you finish them.

I haven't beaten many (any?) '90s FMV games myself. By that I mean '90s games which utilize live actor FMV nearly exclusively to convey the gameplay. So this will be an unusual experience for me. I may not have the gaming chops to handle stuff this hardcore. I'll do the best I can though.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Huh, turns out I already have a few of these things. This would be a good a time as any to try them out. I'm thinking Phantasmagoria, but Harvester sounds like some fucked up kinda fun too.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I just realized that if we're being super-liberal with the definition of FMV games, then Dance Dance Revolution and Beatmania IIDX count because they have some sorts of music videos, including a fair number of live-action ones.

Surely the PS2 and original Xbox versions I've been playing are old enough to count as retro. So... I guess I'll be unintentionally participating next month as part of my normal routine?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Nemoide wrote:Surely the PS2 and original Xbox versions I've been playing are old enough to count as retro.

Elkin specifically said the FMV game choices are supposed to be from 1990-1999.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Ah, that just leaves me with DDR 2nd Mix or pre-IIDX Beatmania. :P

(I'm not going to seriously consider those as Together Retro games, even I can recognize a stretch)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

TSTR wrote:Huh, turns out I already have a few of these things. This would be a good a time as any to try them out. I'm thinking Phantasmagoria, but Harvester sounds like some fucked up kinda fun too.

Oh dude, you would dig harvester. I didn't like it, but it is beyond fucked up.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
TSTR wrote:Huh, turns out I already have a few of these things. This would be a good a time as any to try them out. I'm thinking Phantasmagoria, but Harvester sounds like some fucked up kinda fun too.

Oh dude, you would dig harvester. I didn't like it, but it is beyond fucked up.

Is Bad Mojo also an FMV game where you play as a roach? I always equated it to Harvester in my mind for some reason.