April's Together Retro Theme: Elkin's Eccentric Extravaganza

Join in on our classic gaming club!

What should April's Together Retro theme be?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:14 pm

90s RTS
27%
Army Men Anthology
7%
All Hail Neo Geo
28%
FMV Frenzy
28%
LET'S NEP 'EM ALL UP
10%

Total votes: 60

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: April's Together Retro Theme: Elkin's Eccentric Extravag

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Exhuminator wrote:These ties are starting to feel like intentional trolling. :|

Anyway Elky whatever you choose I for one am good with. Thanks for the poll.

Nah. I really don't think it is people trolling. There is definitely passionate members on all sides of the selections. If nep won, then yeah... it was definitely trolling.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

Post by marurun »

If strategically voting to try to ensure their favorite theme is the theme for the month in question is trolling, then yes, lots of trolling. I don't think people want a tie. They want to WIN, and when there are several popular candidates, people will rally behind them to try to get their preferred outcome. The fact that 3 topics are all pretty close just means those 3 topics were all roughly of equivalent interest to us forum-dwellers.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

It'd be great to get an answer on which one of these is taking the victory. I need to start thinking about buying some games regardless of the victor.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Might I suggest, a three-way?

I really want to play Starcraft Remastered, and it's $10 due to the 25th anniversary. I'd love to play some comp stomps with folks for old time's sake.
crazythink4
8-bit

Post by crazythink4 »

For what it’s worth, it tried to detect whether there was trolling going on.

I initially had chosen FMV and RTS. A few days ago, there was a 3-way tie at 17 votes each between RTS, Neo and FMV and it also smelled fishy to me. I switched my vote from RTS to Neo-Geo (which I didn’t want, but did for the purposes of my experiment), leading to 16-18-17 for RTS, Neo and FMV, respectively. The theory is that if there was trolling, they would line up at 17 again.

That didn’t happen, either because there is indeed no trolling, or if there was, they sensed something was up. When the votes didn’t equalize the way I suspected, I removed my Neo vote because I wanted FMV to win (sorry, RTS voters!)

Anyway, I’d like to take this opportunity to formally apologize to Ex for throwing a tantrum in last month’s voting thread. It was the wrong reaction to have and it brought everyone down in a forum that’s supposed to be having fun and celebrating classic gaming. So sorry about that man. The ELN month is going great and lots of fascinating discussion is going there. So kudos! :D
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I think it was more an issue of indecision than trolling, personally.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I think it was more an issue of indecision than trolling, personally.

Lots of persuasion going on in this thread for sure!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Aprils Together Retro Theme Elkins Eccentric Extravaganz

Preergo wrote:This is a retro forum, so feel free to jump back in time. Did Malvern Stars, for example, use any Aussie parts?

David

It did actually. Malvern Stars uses the DB106A to create quantum fluctuations in the northern quadrant of the accelerator board. It also used the patented aussie SMOG (Simulated metriculated oscillating gramercy) chip that easily overheats but MAN THE PERFORMANCE!!