Join in on our classic gaming club!

February 2018 Together Retro Theme

Poll ended at Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:46 am

Wonder Boy x Adventure Island
20
29%
Final Fantasy Spin-Offs
22
32%
3D Zelda Clones
16
24%
Mizuguchi's Puzzles & Music
10
15%
 
Total votes : 68
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Are there any moogle specific games? Curious as to why the chocobo gets all the love and not the moogle.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
nullPointer
128-bit
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:51 pm
Location: Montana, USA

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by nullPointer Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:15 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Are there any moogle specific games? Curious as to why the chocobo gets all the love and not the moogle.

Curiously I don't think there are any moogle specific games. This is made even more curious due to the fact that at least in this gamer's mind they are much more compelling than Chocobos as playable characters. Chocobo Dungeon? No thank you. Moogle Dungeon? I'm in.

They are represented as playable races in the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games, but as far as games devoted specifically to them, I don't think there are any.
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:19 pm

nullPointer wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Are there any moogle specific games? Curious as to why the chocobo gets all the love and not the moogle.

Curiously I don't think there are any moogle specific games. This is made even more curious due to the fact that at least in this gamer's mind they are much more compelling than Chocobos as playable characters. Chocobo Dungeon? No thank you. Moogle Dungeon? I'm in.

They are represented as playable races in the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games, but as far as games devoted specifically to them, I don't think there are any.


This is why I asked. At what point did the chocobo become the face of final fantasy? The moogle used to be in all the advertisements in the days of old. We need more moogles!!!!! I want to put on my moogle oggling goggles!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8336
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by alienjesus Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:33 pm

My favourite moogle is the one that swears at you in Final Fantasy IX.

Image
Image
User avatar
nullPointer
128-bit
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:51 pm
Location: Montana, USA

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by nullPointer Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 pm

alienjesus wrote:My favourite moogle is the one that swears at you in Final Fantasy IX.

Haha, no doubt. This actually makes a lot of sense though. Every time a Moogle says 'kupo' at the end of a sentence I basically hear and intone it in my mind as someone saying 'cabrón'.
Image
What foul mouthed little buggers. They would be such great fun to play as. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by Exhuminator Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Chocobos and Moogles are cool, but I wouldn't have minded a Tonberry's Mysterious Dungeon.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22993
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by MrPopo Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:43 am

Exhuminator wrote:Chocobos and Moogles are cool, but I wouldn't have minded a Tonberry's Mysterious Dungeon.

I assume that's a roguelike where every enemy is a Tonberry. Better be very careful about the moves you make.
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21393
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by Ack Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 am

MrPopo wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:Chocobos and Moogles are cool, but I wouldn't have minded a Tonberry's Mysterious Dungeon.

I assume that's a roguelike where every enemy is a Tonberry. Better be very careful about the moves you make.

It's actually a prison simulator where you must sneak through and shank everyone with a kitchen knife before they shank you.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by Exhuminator Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:24 am

MrPopo wrote:I assume that's a roguelike where every enemy is a Tonberry. Better be very careful about the moves you make.

Wasn't really the idea I had, but I like your idea better.

Ack wrote:It's actually a prison simulator where you must sneak through and shank everyone with a kitchen knife before they shank you.

That scenario would describe the first stage of Manhunt 2.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
isiolia
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5679
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

by isiolia Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 am

SE could actually make a pretty compelling game from the perspective of Tonberries if they were using the MMOs as source material. In both of them, they're basically the distorted version of an ancient civilization. In XI, they're fairly closely tied to certain parts of the core/original plotline, and would work for a prequel of sorts (if going back thousands of years instead of a couple decades as WoTG does).
Return to Together Retro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests