Together Retro: Disgaea

Join in on our classic gaming club!
MrPopo

Re: Together Retro: Disgaea

Post by MrPopo »

That's assuming the turbo function fires fast enough. The final boss has a very strict time limit, and that's your biggest obstacle. His attacks aren't too bad to dodge, but you will have real trouble trying to kill him before time is up.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

MrPopo wrote:That's assuming the turbo function fires fast enough. The final boss has a very strict time limit, and that's your biggest obstacle. His attacks aren't too bad to dodge, but you will have real trouble trying to kill him before time is up.

Yeah, Popo isn't joking here, in this situation that's actually a very valid concern.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

More of a concern of whether the button fires fast enough, or the attack animations cycle quick enough? Either way, now I'm intrigued at the challenge.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Whether the button fires fast enough. If you want to see how the final boss goes down you can check out the run from AGDQ 2016 (link is at the boss).

https://youtu.be/M31T8mstyN0?t=2113
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Neato! Looks intense.

For having not really played these games much at all, I think I have an unhealthy fascination with Prinnies. NISA has been doing this series of videos (leading up to some promotional thing for Disgaea 2 PC) on their YT channel where a Prinny goes to work for them. The 2nd one just came out. This is some cute shit, y'all.

P1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZbcViM_08
P2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yE8z8EfyWk
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I'm still on Chapter 6, which so far has been the most hilarious one (each single mission).

I wish I could have Rangers in my team!

Item World gives tremendous benefits - when doing Geo Prism combos you usually get Exp boosts for the whole team, so you can level up Healers, my Thief, low level rookies etc.; you also get lots of items, and the item you level up (have only taken to level 10 a few of them) probably stands up to items 2 or 3 categories above it.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Finished. Good ending.

Lots of laughs along the way.

I wonder if Arigato Roboto counts as self-kill. I guess it is easy enough to test.

There are loads of cultural references. Chapter 6 was the funniest I guess - that map chock full of enemies, and I really loved Super Sentai making an appearance.

Gordon must be a Flash Gordon reference; didn't know Japanese devs were fans of Flash.

Many of Etna's between chapter fantasies are funny.

Prinny Kurtis was also funny, the best is that it has PringerX as the ultimate (a reference to which appeared somewhere well before Kurtis appeared in the first place). Mazinger X reference.