Together Retro: Disgaea

Join in on our classic gaming club!
MrPopo

Re: Together Retro: Disgaea

Post by MrPopo »

I got over some humps, have grinded on 5-3 a lot, and now Etna is running around with a Longinus. At this point it ends up being very rocket-tag-y. She can take several hits from enemies but I still need to be cautious, as getting fully ganged up on will kill me. Midway through chapter 11 now.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Beat the game! Gonna save Etna mode for another day.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Flake

Post by Flake »

MrPopo wrote:Beat the game! Gonna save Etna mode for another day.

Good ending or bad ending?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Good ending. It's much easier to avoid killing your party members when you hide them in the base panel all the time.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I didn't know Promotion was to pass more stuff in Assembly.

Do you guys delete your initial "Good for nothing" mooks and make new ones (the 3 Prinnies I started with are apparently "Average") of higher classes, or is that what Transmigration (is for? I'm reluctant to invest time in training say, an initial GFN Brawler when I can restart (but at level 1) a Incompetent Pugilist, and so on and so forth. I thought Promotion was for that but it isn't. You can change Class but I guess they always stay at GFN level?

To get good ending in Etna you need to have Dec=0 at the hospital?
For Laharl it is just no friendly-kills, right?

On other topics, Item world is interesting. Some of those Geo Panel levels are a pain, but I got a Scout-type by now which can help.

Lift and throw, lift and throw...
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Off topic, but related:

Are the Prinny PSP games worth investing more time into? I've only dabbled with the first one a bit. Seemed kinda cool, but didn't know if they became cheap/super difficult later on.
Flake

Post by Flake »

TSTR wrote:Off topic, but related:

Are the Prinny PSP games worth investing more time into? I've only dabbled with the first one a bit. Seemed kinda cool, but didn't know if they became cheap/super difficult later on.

From what I've played, they are pretty good. In the initial push to make Disgaea a brand, there were a lot of side projects featuring the original cast. There's also Disgaea Infinite for the PSP, which is a visual novel / mystery game.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I mean, I do have a soft spot for penguins, so Prinnies are automatically cool to me dood.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

TSTR wrote:Off topic, but related:

I played the first one towards the end of last year. It's decent, but it does become cheap/super difficult. It's not unbeatable, and you'll have more than enough lives, but it's still frustrating as hell.

The final boss caused me physical pain with the amount of button mashing required to deal enough damage to him in the 3 minute time limit.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Oh hell, sounds like a perfect candidate for PPSSPP and a turbo function.