Together Retro: Disgaea

Join in on our classic gaming club!
SpaceBooger

Re: Together Retro: Disgaea

Post by SpaceBooger »

Do I want to set all my actions then execute them?
I've been playing Shining Force style executing each individual one at a time (move, attack, execute. Repeat for each character).
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Flake

Post by Flake »

SpaceBooger wrote:Do I want to set all my actions then execute them?
I've been playing Shining Force style executing each individual one at a time (move, attack, execute. Repeat for each character).

It's a risk/reward system. Once a character acts, they are done. Up till that point, you can move and cancel move all you want to support other characters. So you can play it safe with one action per execution using movement to form group attacks.

But if you move everyone and set their attacks at the same time, the bonus meter fills faster and faster. You run the risk of not being able to react to a failed strategy though.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I might start Disgaea 3 on PS3 tomorrow. Maybe. We'll see.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Flake

Post by Flake »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I might start Disgaea 3 on PS3 tomorrow. Maybe. We'll see.

There is so much more to this statement than anyone (who isn't on the slack channel) knows.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so if "Mid-Boss" kills you, you are forced to sit through end credits. :?
Flake

Post by Flake »

noiseredux wrote:so if "Mid-Boss" kills you, you are forced to sit through end credits. :?

Congrats! You found a secret ending!!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I beat Disgaea 3 back when it came out and I started Disgaea PSP but I remember I got stuck on some mission. I was finding all my units to be horribly weak.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Flake wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so if "Mid-Boss" kills you, you are forced to sit through end credits. :?

Congrats! You found a secret ending!!

LOL :D
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I need to understand this Item World thing better. Flake, I know you said that if you beat 10 levels/boss you get major upgrades. But if you lose a round before that, then you're bounced back out and 'lost an hour of your life.' But my question is do you keep whatever experience you've earned in that time? Like, if I go in Item World, get to stage 8 and have characters that have leveled up in the process, do I lose that XP if I lose the stage 8 battle?

In other words, is failing at Item World still grinding? Or is it just wasting time?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I don't think I recall you losing exp in the second game, and you could back out of a large item world after clearing a floor or something.

Item World is also why I gave up on 2. The game was endless, lol. There were items I had that had 100 floors which would have been several hours of gameplay just to level up an item. It's crazy.