Join in on our classic gaming club!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Metal Slug

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:11 pm

noiseredux wrote:will be playing the Steam version at my standing desk arcade style. If anyone else has it on Steam, lemme know - as it has online co-op.

I've got Metal Slug 1, 3, and X on Steam. What's your Steam ID?
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Ack wrote:
ExedExes wrote:Having already played nearly the entire arcade series (as well as MS3 for the Yolympics and the original just this past month for IGBY), I'm going to go to Metal Slug Advance.

Dude, you should go for something radically different and check out the Neo Geo Pocket Color Metal Slug games. They're quite good but go in a different direction.

I saw them on Game Sack. But I've got no interest in NGPC. I'll probably revisit one of the other games if I have the time. There's a lot of stuff to collect in Advance.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Well, I just rolled through the first game. Used a couple of continues. Good times.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:52 pm

fired it up on the standing desk tonight. Played arcade mode w/ one credit and made it to the end of the second level. Not a bad start.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:37 pm

Well I'm presently getting murdered in the sequel. The slowdown makes it tough to gauge some of the jumps and whatnot.

Been saving my scores onto a Neo Geo memory card. First time I've ever used one.
Betagam7
128-bit

by Betagam7 Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:13 am

I'll be playing Metal Slug Pocket 2 for the NGPC. I've still yet to beat this one.

I might also go back and try to get the highest ranking in Metal Slug Pocket 1

I do have the Advance game on some clones systems. Might give that a try if I get past the two I legit own.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:42 pm

Are all Metal Slug's coop and which is best to get if I was to buy just one, I'm wind up downloading something by next week heck maybe PSN will put the Metal Slug Anthology on Flash Sale!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:10 pm

I love the Metal Slug series. They're easily my favorite run & gun games. I love how things get CRAZY INTENSE but are loose enough for you to just kind of wing it and try to get through on instinct rather than memorizing patterns.

Metal Slug 3 stands out as a lot of folks' favorites and I have it for original Xbox. It's good but I don't know if I'll ever beat it. The game lets me push difficulty down to "very easy" start with a bunch of grenades, as many continues as I can get, start right away from the final mission... but it's still not enough. I haven't timed it on YouTube or anything but I think that final mission is as long as the entire rest of the game. BRUTAL STUFF but really awesome.

I have the first one on Saturn and it's my most often go-to game of the series.
Last edited by Nemoide on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flake

by Flake Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Going to get started tomorrow. I am primarily aiming to play the PS2 collection on the PS4 so that I can use my HRAP 4 (seems like I can never find enough to do with the thing).

I also scored an almost reasonably priced copy of Metal Slug 7 for the Nintendo DS. I've never played that one so it will be fun to hit it up last.

Like Noise, I also have the Steam Metal Slug releases. Who all is playing on Steam? We can coordinate for co-op runs. Just don't hate me if I can't beat the game 3 times over on one credit, Brad! I have never 1cc'd a game in my life. I don't think Metal Slug will be my first, lol.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:08 am

Flake wrote:Like Noise, I also have the Steam Metal Slug releases. Who all is playing on Steam? We can coordinate for co-op runs. Just don't hate me if I can't beat the game 3 times over on one credit, Brad! I have never 1cc'd a game in my life. I don't think Metal Slug will be my first, lol.

ha! No worries there. I'm not great at run-n-guns to begin with. I mean might be fun to see how far we can get on a "dollar" of credits or something, but I have no illusions of beating Metal Slug without credit feeding haha.
Return to Together Retro