Together Retro: Call Of Duty & Medal Of Honor

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Call Of Duty & Medal Of Honor

Post by noiseredux »

hell yeah!

I'll be playing Call Of Duty first. Actually, I already started it last Summer so I'm gonna pick up a few missions in where I left off.

After that, I'll maybe move on to either COD2 or MOH Allied Assault, which I own copies of already.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I've beaten both of those games many years ago, but I'm looking forward to seeing how others find them to be today. Especially people used to modern Call of Duty going back and experiencing the far less forgiving original entry.

btw Noise, Allied Assault is really great. You're in for a fun time with that one.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

The entrance to Stalingrad in Call of Duty is still my favorite FPS level of all time. I may have trouble picking favorites, but nothing has ever blown me away the way that level did.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

This is going to be a great month. Over the past 4 years, I've played MOH and COD games on the PC and Gamecube, nearly all of them. So what does that mean, I'm going to just give up on the month? Not quite.

Besides living vicariously from all of your experiences with these series, I still have a COD and MOH game to play this month.

My COD pick is going to be World At War on the PC. I just picked it up last week. This is the first COD with Pacific Theater missions, so I'm very excited for that.

My MOH pick is a little unconventional. It is Infiltrator on the Game Boy Advance. I know this isn't an FPS, but I picked it up at a good price earlier this year and it's still a game in the series, but I'll be trying it out in the portable realm this time.

I may also be revisiting the Gamecube COD games. Stay tuned.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I might have played Medal of Honor on the PS1. But I definitely know I played Allied Assault and loved it, which completely ruined Frontlines for me.

I think CoD2 sucks. But maybe the original still holds up? I see there's an HD version for some of the newer consoles... hmmm.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I've honestly always had an aversion to Call of Duty.

Modern military stuff just doesn't really appeal to me, aaaand I'm willing to admit that the sheer popularity of the series kinda put me off. That's the snob coming out, sadly.

Buuut, I've also always thought that I should try the original game, and now's as good a time as any.

Though in reality, we'll see if I have time.

Which leads to a question. If I have time for only one of these two games, which one should it be?
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Too bad I knocked out the Allied Assault expansions last year as I was trying to hit 100 games beaten. It'll be fun to see how anyone else who plays Allied Assault enjoys things.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

CFFJR wrote:I've honestly always had an aversion to Call of Duty.

Modern military stuff just doesn't really appeal to me, aaaand I'm willing to admit that the sheer popularity of the series kinda put me off. That's the snob coming out, sadly.

Buuut, I've also always thought that I should try the original game, and now's as good a time as any.

Though in reality, we'll see if I have time.

Which leads to a question. If I have time for only one of these two games, which one should it be?

My opinion, you should go for Call of Duty. It is a pretty crucial title for FPS history, and it is a ton of fun.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I went back and racked my brain to remember what games I've beaten in these franchises. So here's what I've finished and how I'd rate 'em:

Medal of Honor (PS1) 8/10
Medal of Honor: Underground (PS1) 8/10
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC) 9/10
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PS2) 5/10

I guess after 2003, I ran out of steam for MoH 'cause that's where I stopped.

Call of Duty (PC) 9/10
Call of Duty 2 (PC) 8/10

And that's it.

I own a few CoD games on 360. I should do CoD3 and CoD4 this year.

Are any of the 360 MoH games any good?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.