Together Retro: Puyo Puyo

Join in on our classic gaming club!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Puyo Puyo

Post by ExedExes »

Puyo Pop (GBA) - Got to one place where I would be "trained" on Hard Puyos (nuisance puyos that take more than one match to clear), and I can't even get past that stage.

Puyo Pop Fever (GC) - Got to stage 6 of the 8 stage course, but I still like this one a lot more. I need to understand Fever mode a little better.

I had no idea how hard all the single player vs. modes have been so far.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Out of all the various iterations and ports of Puyo, I settle to play the one for...
N-Gage :mrgreen: (Puyo Pop)

It's actually a really good fit for the system, if a little small for the screen (and the only puzzle game I own for my N-Gage QD). I can only really get to 3 combos at a time, which is good enough for the opponents I've beaten so far (1st 6 I think).

So I still like MBM more for one reason in particular:
Combos are more satisfying to hear.
What other versions have the pieces exclaim "Ye-hah" and "Yipee" in increasingly ecstatic tones with each combo? (and I am really wanting to know, as I've not played many versions).
Back in the day, I played this against my sister, got a very lucky string of combos, and we just cracked up at the exciting sounds of doom I just sent her way.
...just another lost soul...
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

After playing a bunch of Puyo Puyo 2 on the M2 developed 3DS port, I wanted to stick with the series and picked up Kirby's Avalanche. I can get to the six stage but couldn't beat LOLA.

You start trying to set up future moves and you just get dumped with blocks, rendering the whole effort moot. Quite the challenge.