Together Retro: Pitfall

Join in on our classic gaming club!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Pitfall

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Played awhile today. Fun game but man do I suck.

Patch criteria is 20,000 points.
https://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/ ... tches.html

I'll get there.

Embarrassed to say I've never played played Pitfall II. I do own it, but it's a Tandy floppy disk - not the most convenient thing to boot up and play. I should just get the Atari cart.

I feel I'm one of the few people who enjoyed Super Pitfall.

The Mayan Adventure always looked a bit janky to me so I never played it.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

For some reason I get bored of Pitfall 2 a lot faster than the original. Maybe because the freedom to explore makes it feel more aimless. Sometimes less is more I guess.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Played some of this today. I'm a Pitfall! virgin and wasn't really expecting much. Ended up having loads of fun, really addictive kind of game. Got a high score of 48,000 after many attempts. Was aiming for 50,000 but got cocky jumping for a rope and ended up in a crocodiles mouth. Simple but so satisfying. Unlocked the patch as well.

Played it on the Activision Anthology on PS2. It comes with a cool licensed soundtrack. Pitfall Harry runs exactly to the beat of Twisted Sister.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I love Pitfall! and Pitfall II! Fired up my Wii and the Wii2600 emulator for a game. Like riding a bike...
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG (45.4 KiB) Viewed 5739 times

Where's my patch?
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Sload Soap wrote:Played some of this today. I'm a Pitfall! virgin and wasn't really expecting much. Ended up having loads of fun, really addictive kind of game. Got a high score of 48,000 after many attempts. Was aiming for 50,000 but got cocky jumping for a rope and ended up in a crocodiles mouth. Simple but so satisfying. Unlocked the patch as well.

Played it on the Activision Anthology on PS2. It comes with a cool licensed soundtrack. Pitfall Harry runs exactly to the beat of Twisted Sister.

I'm so glad you played Pitfall! for the first time to participate in Together Retro. You rock.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I've been slacking since rebuying a PS4 last week but have to say this was a cool month, my ps1 is boxed up atm and Pitfall on the Xbox I'm gonna need a walkthrough. All in all glad I played some and added a few great games to my permanent collection!

Pitfall is one of those games there's not much to talk about but is a classic series everyone interested in retro platforming should give it a chance.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

https://archive.org/details/Pitfall_Activision_1982

left and right arrows to move, CTRL to jump.