Join in on our classic gaming club!
SpaceBooger

Re: Together Retro: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

by SpaceBooger Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Xeogred wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Beat it. Did everyone else abandon it? :lol:

I definitely looked up the floor puzzle. Screw that.

I'm going to finish it, jut not this month.
I'll be going underwater in Manann tonight.
About how far am I in the game? 1/2... 3/4th of the way?

I've only been playing once a week recently - most of my time has been taken by all the TV shows returning and watching the Cavs.

I don't know, is that the first planet you went to? It's amusing how this was apparently the blueprint for the first Mass Effect as well. You have some prelude stuff, then the game opens up with four locations/planets, then some other stuff that pops up later on, you could say 2-3 more missions/areas in a way. I clocked in about 30 hours but a lot of that was idling. If you skip the swooping stuff like I did and kind of zoom along, it's probably 25 hours or so.

I played Tatooine, Kashak and now Manann. I'm 24 hours into it - light side jedi so there is massive amounts of talking though conflict and such.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
marurun

by marurun Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Xeogred wrote:I'm not sure how I felt about the lore near the end. Really weird stuff. Also I think it's a bit over the top that this is 4,000 years prior to the OT movies, yet Coruscant and the Republic are around like nothing has really changed. 4,000 is a bit dramatic if you ask me, lol.

But that is kind of the way of the Star Wars lore and canon. What's old is new, what's new is old. Looks and feels like technology never changed.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:08 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:I played Tatooine, Kashak and now Manann. I'm 24 hours into it - light side jedi so there is massive amounts of talking though conflict and such.

In that case yeah, I'd say you're about 3/4th way through.
Markies
128-bit

by Markies Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm still in Taris, so I hardly scratched the surface.

My opinion of the game was kind of diminished because I had two copies that didn't work properly. However, now that I have a good copy, I played a good amount of it today and I am really beginning to enjoy it. The game is rather addicting and I feel I will be playing it for a long while now.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:43 pm

I forgot about Taris haha. Gets so much better after that. Long sessions were pretty easy for me. I'd usually sit down and clear an entire planet/area before stopping.

I wasn't sure if this was the game itself or my disc on the Xbox, but I noticed some weird skipping/sync issues during some of the in game dialogue. Like the voice track was messing with the music track. It was kind of weird.
Marina0403
8-bit

by Marina0403 Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 am

I am a big fun of the films, but don't like a game because of its system of playing. ALso graffic isn't good :cry: I hope it would be better in the future :wink:
Return to Together Retro