Together Retro 2016 Poll: Fighting Game - VOTE!!!

Join in on our classic gaming club!

Which fighting game do you want to play?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:40 am

Street Fighter III
42%
World Heroes
13%
Virtua Fighter 2
17%
Guilty Gear XX
29%

Total votes: 24

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Together Retro 2016 Poll: Fighting Game - VOTE!!!

Post by samsonlonghair »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
noiseredux wrote:VF2 would have been legit too, but at this point seems like it's dead in the water.

Just like the franchise. Sad face.

Ouch
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Don't worry, Japan has plenty on Virtua Fighter action.

If you go to Japan and you aren't completely in love with the latest Virtua Fighter or Street Fighter, you're gonna have a bad time.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

So we wanted people to move out of their comfort zone and try something new to them.

Instead we're gonna play Street Fighter. Yawn.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

alienjesus wrote:So we wanted people to move out of their comfort zone and try something new to them.

I would say that street fighter 3 is still something outside of people's comfort zone. It is the most daunting and foreign of all the traditional street fighters and has some great moments. Of all the street fighters, I would pick this one in particular because of its vast differences.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

alienjesus wrote:So we wanted people to move out of their comfort zone and try something new to them.

I thought we wanted the most people to show up and play games together.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Wow World Heroes got boned. Shucks.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Wow World Heroes got boned. Shucks.

Yeah, too bad. I still love it and will play through it on my MVS while everyone else plays Street Fighter.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

If that's the case, then why is the entire list made up of well known fighting games?

Only marginally unknown game on the list is World Heroes. Everything else is household names as far as hardcore gamers go.

If you want "out of people's comfort zone", I'd recommend the list consist of games like Ninja Master's, Martial Masters, Kabuki Klash and Daraku Tenshi. I'd still consider those games within people's comfort zone, honestly, but at least they're games people are likely to not have played.

Or you could go with games like BCV: Battle Construction Vehicles, Final Fight Revenge, Jackie Chan: Fists of Fury, and Masters of Teras Kasi, if you really want games that are uncomfortable.
Ack

Post by Ack »

the7k wrote:

If that's the case, then why is the entire list made up of well known fighting games?

Only marginally unknown game on the list is World Heroes. Everything else is household names as far as hardcore gamers go.

If you want "out of people's comfort zone", I'd recommend the list consist of games like Ninja Master's, Martial Masters, Kabuki Klash and Daraku Tenshi. I'd still consider those games within people's comfort zone, honestly, but at least they're games people are likely to not have played.

Or you could go with games like BCV: Battle Construction Vehicles, Final Fight Revenge, Jackie Chan: Fists of Fury, and Masters of Teras Kasi, if you really want games that are uncomfortable.

You realize every year I try to get us to play Weaponlord, right?
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I never really got the whole "Weaponlord is the best game of its time" deal that infects most the OG FGC. I understand that it had a lot of firsts as far as fighting game mechanics go, but the game feels more clunky and less fluid than it's contemporaries. I've tried multiple times to get into it but just can't. Anytime that game gets mentioned on SRK, it's immediately followed by "praises and blessings be upon it's name" and everyone just falls to their knees and starts worshiping at the approximate location of DJames, and I'm just scratching my head at what people see in this thing.