Together Retro 2016 Calendar - FINAL

Join in on our classic gaming club!
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro 2016 Calendar - FINAL

Post by TSTR »

noiseredux wrote:by "Oddworld" I had been assuming we are playing the first game? I'm not sure which one is the first game. But were you guys assuming the same?

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Lazer wrote:Maybe this was specified before, but which Oddworld is it, Exodus or Odyssey?

Odyssey, but people are always encouraged to play the games in the series they want. If you already beat odyssey by all means go for exodus!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:by "Oddworld" I had been assuming we are playing the first game? I'm not sure which one is the first game. But were you guys assuming the same?

Yep, first game, which is Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee.

From my understanding, Oddworld: New n' Tasty is a remake of sorts? Like, it has new puzzles and stuff, but the overall plot and gameplay strucure is the same?

I'm sure someone can confirm or unconfirm this.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

thanks, updated OP.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Going to be a fun year.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

nullPointer wrote:As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, GOG kicked off their Autumn sale today. Hey, what better time to scoop up some games for the upcoming year of Together Retro am I right!? As of today the following games are heavily discounted:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - $1.19
Oddworld: Abes Exoddus - $1.19
(All the Oddworld games are on sale if you're also interested in Stranger's Wrath, New & Tasty, etc.)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest - $2.49
Alone in the Dark: The Trilogy 1+2+3 - $1.49 (New Nightmare is also available)
Star Control 1+2 - $1.49

Just snapped up Oddworld and Alone In The Dark. Thank you!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Again with the "which game are we actually playing?" talk.....

Is Puyo Puyo kinda like Tetris in the sense that I can pick up any game with "Puyo Puyo" in the title and have a similar experience? Or do I need to snag the first one that's literally named "Puyo Puyo?"

If the answer is the former then I may try one of the N64 games. That console doesn't get enough import love. Actually, it doesn't get enough love period from some of you folks. :P
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

The experience is similar, but not 100% identical from what I understand.

It seems from my research that both Kirby's Avalanche/Ghost Trap and Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine are versions of the original Puyo Puyo, and later games added some new mechanics

P.S. I'm delighted someone else here like the N64. That console gets some weird and really undeserved hate around these parts. It's personally one of my favourites.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

alienjesus wrote:P.S. I'm delighted someone else here like the N64. That console gets some weird and really undeserved hate around these parts. It's personally one of my favourites.

I like it too but I'm attempting to find a hori pad mini for it at a decent price...$50-85 seems a little out there for a controller for me...just for those moments if I do play a game that uses the L but not the dpad...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Honestly, for games that primarily use the analog stick, they are amazing. I love mine, and use it for anytime I play N64, except for wrestling games.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

alienjesus wrote:P.S. I'm delighted someone else here like the N64. That console gets some weird and really undeserved hate around these parts. It's personally one of my favourites.

Yeah I love the N64. It's so different from the Saturn and PS1 yet I feel like it nicely compliments those consoles.

Turns out that out of the two N64 Puyo Puyos one is really cheap and one is really expensive.

Hey looky some PC Engine games too.