Sep - Street Fighter III
Oct - Ghosts N Golbins & Alone In The Dark
Nov - Solomon's Key
Dec - Star Control II
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro 2016 Calendar - FINAL

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Great list. I will do my best to participate in January, February, March, July, October, November, and December.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Okay....

In:
Pitfall
Oddworld
R-Type
Daytona USA
Metal Slug
Ghosts N Golbins
Solomon's Key

Maybe:
Puyo Puyo
Star Control II

The maybes are simply ones I don't own. I like the looks of Star Control II on 3DO. What's the cheapest and most vanilla version of Puyo Puyo for series neophytes?

If the Retron 5 Game Gear attachment actually drops before May I may get to squeeze in one old Madou Monogatari RPG before Puyo Puyo. That'd be a nice tie-in.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm debating where I'm insane enough to try and do a Starbaseless run of Star Control 2.

And Bone, if you don't want to shell out for SCII on the 3DO get the free PC version from http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ It has everything from the DOS version and the 3DO version and you can pick which version you want for each element.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Maybe:
Puyo Puyo
Star Control II

The maybes are simply ones I don't own. I like the looks of Star Control II on 3DO. What's the cheapest and most vanilla version of Puyo Puyo for series neophytes?

If the Retron 5 Game Gear attachment actually drops before May I may get to squeeze in one old Madou Monogatari RPG before Puyo Puyo. That'd be a nice tie-in.

The SNES port of Puyo Puyo in the US is actually Kirby's Avalanche. It was reskinned for a release here, but the core of the game is the same.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Bone you have Puyo Puyo - don't you have one of those Sonic Genesis Collections? It's on all those under the title Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If you want a traditional Puyo game, under the puyo header, Puyo Puyo Tsu. It was ported to most everything, and added the bulk of the content that became standard until Puyo x Tetris.

Also Super Puyo Puyo Tsu was the first in the series to be four player - and one I surprisingly do not own.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am happy with how the schedule is set up! All of the games are interesting, but I will definitely pass on the first month in terms of playing it, but I will be more than happy to talk about it. I have already beaten it and don't feel the urge or desire to beat it again.

I may play the second though, as I haven't and am interested to see how well it plays out. I know it is flawed, but there are some great concepts I hear. And you know me, I love vision, even if it fails to meet it.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux wrote:Bone you have Puyo Puyo - don't you have one of those Sonic Genesis Collections? It's on all those under the title Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

That's it - knew there was some sort of US release I had played. Thanks. Never cared for the Sonic characters though, but the Super Famicom Puyo Puyo seems really cheap. Think I'll go for that.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am probably gonna do Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Puyo Puyo Fever on the DS. I love the addition of Fever mode and it will adds a level of strategy that elevates the series.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is the best video game adaptation of a tv adaptation of a video game ever!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.