Together Retro: Pinball Arcade

Join in on our classic gaming club!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Pinball Arcade

Post by ExedExes »

fastbilly1 wrote:Finally got Harem Multiball in TOTAN. Now time to get all the Wizard goals that I have already earned a couple times...Heck I saved the Princess on that run before I got the multiball.

So did I.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

ExedExes wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Finally got Harem Multiball in TOTAN. Now time to get all the Wizard goals that I have already earned a couple times...Heck I saved the Princess on that run before I got the multiball.

So did I.

Same here :) They really should have swapped it with the Camel Race as mentioned several times.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Even better news, I discovered that this exists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMp9YoiYx2k

The modding community have figured out how to put the DMD on a second screen.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ That is awesome.

I enjoyed the heck out of this month - we should have a separate TR:PA every year for a month.

Waiting now for Season 3 and Season 4 to go on sale on iOS.

As others noted in here, we have a dedicated pinball thread in the "other genres" sub-forum, which is great.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

retrosportsgamer wrote:I enjoyed the heck out of this month - we should have a separate TR:PA every year for a month.

I'd be totally OK with that. This was a fun Together Retro month and I was happy to be a participant, and we still have the big "Video Pinball" thread that still remains quite active.

Frankenstein finally came out to Amazon devices last week. It's a pretty busy table!
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Hey,

did Pinball Arcade have "Tables of the Month" when we did this TR?

It does now, apparently 4 per month. That is really good for free (you get advertising of course).
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

They always had one free, rotating TOTM that changed every month. I had no idea they have more now, but w/ads.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Another bump. If you haven't been playing this, it is a good time to give it a go!

They have Medieval Madness as one of the free tables of the month, and it is one of the best Tables I played anywhere so far, and probably the best I played in TPA (one of the Standard goals, the Castle Hurry Up, appears to be bugged).

They also have Black Knight 2000 this month which is reputed, but I haven't tried it yet.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Ivo wrote:Another bump. If you haven't been playing this, it is a good time to give it a go!

They have Medieval Madness as one of the free tables of the month, and it is one of the best Tables I played anywhere so far, and probably the best I played in TPA (one of the Standard goals, the Castle Hurry Up, appears to be bugged).

They also have Black Knight 2000 this month which is reputed, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for bumping this. I saw it over the winter break and decided to give it a try on my Vita. Amazing! A lot of good tables and the shoulder buttons on the Vita really give you some of the physical sensation of playing a actual machine. I've never played a video pinball game before that could do that.

I can see how some people would think it's expensive, but for pinball fans I think it's a great deal. It's going to be the most played game on my Vita for a while that's for sure.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

It is cheap for a pinball fan, but sadly all platform locked. I enjoy it every time I fire it up, even if I dont know the rules of a table. Vita is a full table pack behind if I am not mistaken, so you do not have Doctor Who, Indy 500, or Gladiators, yet. The new Doctor Who table is a poor show, but the classic one is solid.