25%
Hybrid
39%

Total votes: 36

Ack

Re: Together Retro 2015 Poll

Post by Ack »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Ack wrote:It's cool, most folks didn't vote for mine. Two of my suggestions ended up in run offs. Both are losing.

I'm a one hit wonder. I'm a Jimmy Carter George H.W. Bush.

FTFY... :lol:

The funny thing about that is that the line "I'm a Jimmy Carter" came from an SNL skit in which George H.W. Bush was sitting on a dock and crying that he was a one-term president, and Bill Clinton had to comfort him.

Classic.

ZeroAX wrote:
Ack wrote:It's cool, most folks didn't vote for mine. Two of my suggestions ended up in run offs. Both are losing.

I'm a one hit wonder. I'm a Jimmy Carter.

I am honestly surprised you didn't nominate SNES RPG and platformer games, since you have vast knowledge of the console's library and those 2 genres are its forte.

I nominate SNES RPGs for just about every Together RPG we've had. Eye of the Beholder, Ys III, and Ogre Battle were all backed by me, and I've thrown Robotrek into the ring more than once for nominations. Every now and then I like to branch out.

And Flashback has a SNES port. :wink:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Ack wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:

I'm a one hit wonder. I'm a Jimmy Carter George H.W. Bush.

FTFY... :lol:

The funny thing about that is that the line "I'm a Jimmy Carter" came from an SNL skit in which George H.W. Bush was sitting on a dock and crying that he was a one-term president, and Bill Clinton had to comfort him.

Classic.

:lol:

I remember that! Nice reference.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Ack wrote: and I've thrown Robotrek into the ring more than once for nominations.

A game worth nominating :'(

I salute you sir.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Robotrek is exclusive to one console. I can't imagine anyone would play it except for me, Acky, and the Greeks.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Robotrek is exclusive to one console. I can't imagine anyone would play it except for me, Acky, and the Greeks.

We have another? :lol:

FIY: Robotrek was the first game I got with my SNES console, so if I modded my console and imported a copy of it, I think everyone can spend 100$ to be able to enjoy this masterpiece
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

noiseredux wrote:I think I only had a handful of nominations... Dragon Quest, Bonk's Adventure, California Games, Virtua Tennis, Mega Man X...

You also had Puzzle Fighter -- went through the emails and I found who got all their picks on this year's calendar. You made 2.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ZeroAX wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Robotrek is exclusive to one console. I can't imagine anyone would play it except for me, Acky, and the Greeks.

My dad's side of the family is Greek.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

MrPopo wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:

My dad's side of the family is Greek.

Tell me he didn't change his last name and you have one of our lovely 5 syllable last names.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I nominated one for each poll I think. I nominated all the good ones.
Ack

Post by Ack »

dsheinem wrote:I nominated one for each poll I think. I nominated all the good ones.

Dave, you nominated Mario 64 for platformers.