Together Retro: Crazy Taxi

Join in on our classic gaming club!
racketboy
Site Admin

Together Retro: Crazy Taxi

Post by racketboy »

To celebrate our beloved Dreamcast's 10th anniversary, we are featuring Crazy Taxi
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2009/08/ ... -taxi.html

Post High Scores Here:
http://racketboy.com/game-database/port ... xi/scores/
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Crazy Taxi

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Cool, now I'm off to make myself an Offspring mixtape and I'll be all set!
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

is crazy taxi 2 valid?
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

CT2 can be extra credit, but I'd like to focus on the original :)
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

shoot gota look for a cd-r...... :|
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Awesome! Glad we started a day early. I was in the mood t'nite. I'm playing the Gamecube port. And I've never played this game before, though I did play the Simpsons knock-off.

Now as far as high scores go, are we just playing the Arcade Mode, or.......?
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

Had to sign up when I saw this topic on Twitter. Great game, one of my favorite Dreamcast games. I'll have to hook up my DC again and get back into it. Just a couple notes if there's anyone that hasn't played the game before: If you can get past the baseball stadium and into downtown you're improving and also, my favorite part of the game is driving on the freeway/overpass in the wrong direction! Great gaming moment.

Funny related story: I was pumped for the DC release of this game and played it endlessly. The interesting thing though was that I had never played the arcade version. I gave it a try a few times and was horrible because I couldn't translate the controls on the DC to using a wheel and pedals! So long story short the DC version is the only one I can actually put up decent scores with.

On a side note, how do I add an avatar?
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

noiseredux wrote:Awesome! Glad we started a day early. I was in the mood t'nite. I'm playing the Gamecube port. And I've never played this game before, though I did play the Simpsons knock-off.

Now as far as high scores go, are we just playing the Arcade Mode, or.......?

Yeah, arcade mode -- that would be easiest.
You could always post other stuff from the game in here, but arcade mode for the high-score ranking
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Snatch1414 wrote:Had to sign up when I saw this topic on Twitter. Great game, one of my favorite Dreamcast games. I'll have to hook up my DC again and get back into it. Just a couple notes if there's anyone that hasn't played the game before: If you can get past the baseball stadium and into downtown you're improving and also, my favorite part of the game is driving on the freeway/overpass in the wrong direction! Great gaming moment.

Funny related story: I was pumped for the DC release of this game and played it endlessly. The interesting thing though was that I had never played the arcade version. I gave it a try a few times and was horrible because I couldn't translate the controls on the DC to using a wheel and pedals! So long story short the DC version is the only one I can actually put up decent scores with.

On a side note, how do I add an avatar?

Welcome! You go to your User Control Panel
ucp.php
And under "Profile", there is an "edit avatar"
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I know this is sort of nit-picky, but what's with the super brief TR introduction article this month? I have never played this game before, so I would have loved one of those articles with tons of background on the game. Again, I know I'm being nit-picky, but I'm just saying that this article mainly just makes me want to go look up the game on wikipidia or other sites. And that would be fine if I haven't seen far better TR articles introducing games in the past. (don't mean to poop on anyone, seriously).